Thinking of Joining the Special Forces...

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
I have been thinking alot about joining the military, esp the special forces.
Its been running through my mind alot almost every night.

I dont mind dropping everything and leaving to pursue it 100%.

Any advice guys?

Cheers,
Roy

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
say good bye to a warm bed and hot food.

Do what you want to do man, no one else can make that desision for you.

GL in whatever you decide.

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
If you feel that kind of push to do something, and you're not running from anything, then why question it? I wish I could feel that convinced on my major decisions. Go for it! :bigthumb:

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
if you do

get laid

as much as possible before you go, unless your gay, then you can wait, someone will plow you there

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Superjustin13 said:
if you do

get laid

as much as possible before you go, unless your gay, then you can wait, someone will plow you there

LOl.....very funny....I am not gay...I didnt know that gays were able to join the military...
Besides I think if you get laid alot here, your body will get addicted to it and hunger for it when you go to war. Its better to starve your body of sex and train it and control your urges. That way when you are off to war, it wont hunger for sex when you are getting shot at...lol...

Cheers,
Roy

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
tte said:
LOl.....very funny....I am not gay...I didnt know that gays were able to join the military...
Besides I think if you get laid alot here, your body will get addicted to it and hunger for it when you go to war. Its better to starve your body of sex and train it and control your urges. That way when you are off to war, it wont hunger for sex when you are getting shot at...lol...

Cheers,
Roy

Dude you got another thing coming. Good luck though. And as someone who has been to Afghanistan I can tell you that even if you are in a war zone you still gonna wanna get laid. After a few months, or weeks depending on your situation, your gonna start thinking that "ugly" girl isnt so bad an next thing you know your in a port-a-potty or a behind a parked vehicle or something like that banging the shit outta her. We call girls like them "desert queens". I tried to hold out as long as I could. I lasted a week! Are you wanting to do Army or Air Force or Navy Special Forces? I can say that the AF guys have the best quality of life as far as living in a deployed environment goes.

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
No but in all Serouisness if i were gonna join a branch, and my life be strickly ruled when in boot camp and Deployment

I'd Drink alot

and get laid, like alot, so much it turned into a prune and it would hurt to pee.

not trying to be funny.

in all Serouisness,

as that stupid hick says

GIT-R-DONE! (X10390139130913)

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
Most insurance companies have "war clauses" in their policies. So that might not be feasible. But USAA offers life insurance for up to almost 600K USD and its only like 26 bux a month. Also the military provides you with the option to get life insurance, SGLI for like 400K. Thats only 26 bux a month as well.

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
Roy, if you want to do it then fuck what anybody else thinks. It's your life and your choice to make.

I could understand you directing this toward people that are in or have been in the military, because nobody that doesn't meet either of the afformentioned conditions understands what it means to be in the military.

What branch are you looking to join? What "special forces" group are you interested in?

Allan_MA70

Banned
May 1, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
109704bgJF_w.jpg

"Special" forces :p

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
outofstep said:
You have to make it into the regular military before you can even think about special forces.

QFT

I'm surprised no one mentioned that sooner. First you must get into the military, then you have to qualify to train for special forces, then you have to make it through special forces training (which I hear the washout rate is pretty high).

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
RHDMK3 said:
Dude you got another thing coming. Good luck though. And as someone who has been to Afghanistan I can tell you that even if you are in a war zone you still gonna wanna get laid. After a few months, or weeks depending on your situation, your gonna start thinking that "ugly" girl isnt so bad an next thing you know your in a port-a-potty or a behind a parked vehicle or something like that banging the shit outta her. We call girls like them "desert queens". I tried to hold out as long as I could. I lasted a week! Are you wanting to do Army or Air Force or Navy Special Forces? I can say that the AF guys have the best quality of life as far as living in a deployed environment goes.

There's a saying: Queen of the desert - an ugly slut everywhere else.

Take it from a guy who's been working for AFSOC 7+ years: your quality of life will be better than the other services, and you will get shit for it, but who cares?

Troyota

I Love What You Do For Me
Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
Yeah, no matter what he recruiter will tell you. You don't just join the military INTO Special Ops. Whatever branch you choose, make sure it's one that you could live with whatever job you get IF you don't make it. Which like they said, depending on what unit you want to be in, is a VERY good possiblility.

I thought about joining the Navy in hopes of becoming a SEAL. But looking at the dropout rate and the odds of actually becoming a SEAL, I decided I didn't want to do anything else in the Navy. So I opted for the ARMY instead. That's definitely something to think about.