thinking of installing a oem h.g. be4 i do the N/A-T swap....

MKIIIChucky

Sep 9, 2005
south jerzy
Well its been raining out here in jersey for like the past week soo ive been like a bum just staying inside after a coolant line on the throttle body blew off , re routed it soo it doesnt go thru the throtte b. any more . After i did that i desided to take off my intake, throttle b. then pulled the intake manifold off & cleaned it up a liittle bit , was thinking off painting it .. took like 2 hours just to clean up all the dirt off it & other shit .. i also noticed a little bit of oil under my distributer cap , gonna look at it 2marro n see whats up with that!!!

Tomarrow I wanna pull off the runners to the head, alternator,fan clutch "since it dont work" , exhuast manifold, down pipe, cat & start cleaning up under the hood ... After i get the turbo manifold i bought off ebay like 3 weeks ago ima look for a nice ct-26

I realy want to pull off the head off n put in new valve seals, new oem headgasket , arp head studs , im going to have to pull the oilpan for the return bung .. soo i should just do the head gasket also !!!

got some pics up , n will have more up tomarrow if i dont get distracted :nono: ! Any advice feel free to drop a line / hint :biglaugh:

Attachments

• throttle off.JPG
    throttle off.JPG
    381.6 KB · Views: 35
  • ewrytheyjne.JPG
    ewrytheyjne.JPG
    395.3 KB · Views: 37
  • intake.JPG
    intake.JPG
    408.7 KB · Views: 28
  • soo pretty.JPG
    soo pretty.JPG
    409 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

iceberg319

vvti, what?
Apr 6, 2005
NJ
www.cardomain.com
heyy, im doin the same exact thing....where in jersey u at, are u using gte electronics?

how old is ur headgasket?? if u replace it be sure to use ARP head studs....im using the oem hg and arps btw

you might not have to pull the oil pan....im trying the oil cooler return for now to see if it will work if it doesnt there is this thing called cutter rotobroach, it says it leaves a clean hole no burrs or metal left behind

http://store.autotoolexpress.com/blr11128-3.html

Attachments

• engine.JPG
    engine.JPG
    219 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

MKIIIChucky

Sep 9, 2005
south jerzy
iceberg319 said:
heyy, im doin the same exact thing....where in jersey u at, are u using gte electronics?

how old is ur headgasket?? if u replace it be sure to use ARP head studs....im using the oem hg and arps btw

you might not have to pull the oil pan....im trying the oil cooler return for now to see if it will work if it doesnt there is this thing called cutter rotobroach, it says it leaves a clean hole no burrs or metal left behind

http://store.autotoolexpress.com/blr11128-3.html

im right by atlantic city, absecon area ! yea , i want the arp headstuds deff. , want metel h/g but thats a little expencive for me right now, just gonna do a oem h.g. .. im gonna be running N/A electronics with a apexi safc , might get the innovate wide band system, it looks like your running gte wiring , hows that going for you ??? The head gasket on the engine i have now there no telling but the engine was outa Cressida soo it probly hasnt been beaten on like the poor supras have in there life time , im guessing like 120,000 miles tops, engines compression is great but the head isnt too good after being in a supra the past 7 months! my aim is chuckyk855@aol.com if u wanna hit me up there we can b.s. on whats up wth the supras.. .ttyl.

Last edited:

MKIIIChucky

Sep 9, 2005
south jerzy
Today wasnt a bad day but it didnt go as perfect as i wanted it to , i got all studs out of the head for the exhuast but 1 stud ( probly gonna have to heli coil all studs ) the dam cat bolts n downpipe bolts are all rusted soo i didnt get the exhuast manifold out the engine bay yet , might just cut it at the end of the cat n pull it out thru the engine bay.. got the alternator off , pulled the dis. cap off n there was oil leaking behind the rotor ..?.. thats probly why the supra tryed stalling out all the time , as for the arrow lights on the safc it might be the alternator goin but to be safe ima look thru my wiring n see whats up !!!

Was talking with a friend who knows some1 at NAPA that can resurface my head n install new valves seals for $200., n had it done in 1 day !!! after i get the head resurfaced ima see if there any1 in new jersey that can do a port n polish job on the head . " still waiting for the turbo manifold " :3d_frown: , goin on over 3 weeks ive been waiting for that dam thing , when i get it ima sand it down n paint it a high temp. black.. & 2marrows another day that i can see what i can get done ! :naughty: , got a couple new picz from 2day....

MKIIIChucky said:
Well its been raining out here in jersey for like the past week soo ive been like a bum just staying inside after a coolant line on the throttle body blew off , re routed it soo it doesnt go thru the throtte b. any more . After i did that i desided to take off my intake, throttle b. then pulled the intake manifold off & cleaned it up a liittle bit , was thinking off painting it .. took like 2 hours just to clean up all the dirt off it & other shit .. i also noticed a little bit of oil under my distributer cap , gonna look at it 2marro n see whats up with that!!!

Tomarrow I wanna pull off the runners to the head, alternator,fan clutch "since it dont work" , exhuast manifold, down pipe, cat & start cleaning up under the hood ... After i get the turbo manifold i bought off ebay like 3 weeks ago ima look for a nice ct-26

I realy want to pull off the head off n put in new valve seals, new oem headgasket , arp head studs , im going to have to pull the oilpan for the return bung .. soo i should just do the head gasket also !!!

got some pics up , n will have more up tomarrow if i dont get distracted :nono: ! Any advice feel free to drop a line / hint :biglaugh:

Attachments

• manifold off.JPG
    manifold off.JPG
    402.6 KB · Views: 12
  • intake side.JPG
    intake side.JPG
    403.6 KB · Views: 15
  • distributer.JPG
    distributer.JPG
    356.4 KB · Views: 17
  • cam gears.JPG
    cam gears.JPG
    379.7 KB · Views: 16

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
it would definately be worth the extra couple bux to go wit the metal headgasket... its a few bux now or a bunch later plus the bullish associated with replacing again if anything goes wrong... while you have it apart i think you should prob go wit the MHG.. just my opinion... good luck with everything though...

MKIIIChucky

Sep 9, 2005
south jerzy
i know what u mean , i realy want to go with a metel h.g. but im getting a 62 piece head kit that comes with a head gasket n all the gaskets n seals for the head , & if i get that its $150 n a metel head gasket is like $130 - 150 , plus i want arp headstuds soo if i get a metel h.g its gonna be like $400 for all the shit + having my head machined... but yea i realy been thinking of a m.h.g.. thanks for the opinion though !!! Chuck

xarewhyayen said:
it would definately be worth the extra couple bux to go wit the metal headgasket... its a few bux now or a bunch later plus the bullish associated with replacing again if anything goes wrong... while you have it apart i think you should prob go wit the MHG.. just my opinion... good luck with everything though...

Attachments

• ma70s front.JPG
    ma70s front.JPG
    384.5 KB · Views: 18

MKIIIChucky

Sep 9, 2005
south jerzy
MKIIIChucky said:
Today wasnt a bad day but it didnt go as perfect as i wanted it to , i got all studs out of the head for the exhuast but 1 stud ( probly gonna have to heli coil all studs ) the dam cat bolts n downpipe bolts are all rusted soo i didnt get the exhuast manifold out the engine bay yet , might just cut it at the end of the cat n pull it out thru the engine bay.. got the alternator off , pulled the dis. cap off n there was oil leaking behind the rotor ..?.. thats probly why the supra tryed stalling out all the time , as for the arrow lights on the safc it might be the alternator goin but to be safe ima look thru my wiring n see whats up !!!

Was talking with a friend who knows some1 at NAPA that can resurface my head n install new valves seals for $200., n had it done in 1 day !!! after i get the head resurfaced ima see if there any1 in new jersey that can do a port n polish job on the head . " still waiting for the turbo manifold " :3d_frown: , goin on over 3 weeks ive been waiting for that dam thing , when i get it ima sand it down n paint it a high temp. black.. & 2marrows another day that i can see what i can get done ! :naughty: , got a couple new picz from 2day....

Couldnt sleep soo i started sanding down the intake manifold & dam,, that thing is lookin all pretty n shit , have 3 picz here 1 after i cleaned the dirt off n 2 after i sanded !!! " more to come "

Attachments

• soo pretty.JPG
    soo pretty.JPG
    409 KB · Views: 10
  • intake after sanded.JPG
    intake after sanded.JPG
    350.4 KB · Views: 11
  • bottem shot.JPG
    bottem shot.JPG
    373.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
If you go with a MHG, you really need to pull the block and have it machined, or lap the deck in the car. Lappingthe block is TIME consuming, but it will be well worth the effort.

MKIIIChucky

Sep 9, 2005
south jerzy
IHI-RHC7 said:
If you go with a MHG, you really need to pull the block and have it machined, or lap the deck in the car. Lappingthe block is TIME consuming, but it will be well worth the effort.

I dont have the tools to pull the engine & I live in a apartment complex sooo... But I have plenty of time soo whats the process of lapping the deck ?? Plus would I have to lap the deck if i put a oem h.g. on ?? ..Thanks 4 the info..

Last edited:

MKIIIChucky

Sep 9, 2005
south jerzy
MKIIIChucky said:

Today I didnt realy doo to much but i moved the EFI harness out the way , as i was lookin at it , i know its probly i little harder gettin everything to the ecu , but the harness in the engine dont look to hard to do , was thinking of swaping over to gte electronics ... "would make life alot easier"

gonna try n figure out what too do 2marrow! Want to try n get that exhuast out , pull off the injector n fuel rail & runners to the head. got a couple new picz !!

Attachments

• harness is out the way.JPG
    harness is out the way.JPG
    396 KB · Views: 12
  • EFI harness out the way.JPG
    EFI harness out the way.JPG
    401.4 KB · Views: 6
  • injectors & rail.JPG
    injectors & rail.JPG
    390.3 KB · Views: 3
  • look at that mess of wires.JPG
    look at that mess of wires.JPG
    404 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010030.JPG
    P1010030.JPG
    397 KB · Views: 13

JT87NA

Mar 30, 2005
SLC, UT
Damn Chucky your engine bay is going to be a spitting image of mine....

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

MKIIIChucky

Sep 9, 2005
south jerzy
JT87NA said:
Damn Chucky your engine bay is going to be a spitting image of mine....

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

The way u set up your N/A-T inspired me to what im doin now ! other then the color of the car , bov & intercooler piping,, are cars probly will look alike !! i was thinking of painting the intake black but the orignal color is soo hot i think ima just sand n polish everything i can down !!!! any sugestions just give a shout !!! " gonna have some more posted up 2marrow "

JT87NA

Mar 30, 2005
SLC, UT
suprabad said:
JT87NA said:
Damn Chucky your engine bay is going to be a spitting image of mine....QUOTE]

Not to hijack the thread but what's the deal on the shiny cam covers? Did you polish them yourselves????? Looks good!

I polished them myself, those previous pics don't really do them justice...

Before Polishing
sm_photo_missing.jpg

After Polishing
sm_photo_missing.jpg

JT87NA

Mar 30, 2005
SLC, UT
BTW Chucky, do it right, go with a MHG and ARPS. A guy on SF just did the same Na-T conversion with a stock HG, it only had around 5k on it IIRC. He blew it in a few months at around 8 psi. Laater

iceberg319

vvti, what?
Apr 6, 2005
NJ
www.cardomain.com
JT87NA said:
BTW Chucky, do it right, go with a MHG and ARPS. A guy on SF just did the same Na-T conversion with a stock HG, it only had around 5k on it IIRC. He blew it in a few months at around 8 psi. Laater

what clutch are you running?? hows it holding and what boost were u running? cuz im running a trd clutch which is basically a rps stage 2 and im hearing different opinions on it holding or not

MKIIIChucky

Sep 9, 2005
south jerzy
JT87NA said:

I see what u mean !!! whitch type of m.h.g. should i go with , " 1.0mm , 1.5 or 2.0mm " thanks 4 the info JT !!! Was lookin at a greddy m.h.g. for like $150.00 .. wanna get a h.g. kit couse it comes with 61 other pieces + a oem headgasket, if i get a mhg ill just sell the oem 1 on ebay ! :biglaugh:

MKIIIChucky

Sep 9, 2005
south jerzy
MKIIIChucky said:
Today I didnt realy doo to much but i moved the EFI harness out the way , as i was lookin at it , i know its probly i little harder gettin everything to the ecu , but the harness in the engine dont look to hard to do , was thinking of swaping over to gte electronics ... "would make life alot easier"

gonna try n figure out what too do 2marrow! Want to try n get that exhuast out , pull off the injector n fuel rail & runners to the head. got a couple new picz !!

didnt do shit with the supra 2day , got a little cought up !! Gonna let her sit till the weekend n get the exhuast off, intake runners , injectors n rail & gonna get the timing off soo i can try n pull the head by the end of the weekend

Attachments

• P1010042.JPG
    P1010042.JPG
    288 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010029.JPG
    P1010029.JPG
    354.1 KB · Views: 6

JT87NA

Mar 30, 2005
SLC, UT
iceberg319 said:
what clutch are you running?? hows it holding and what boost were u running? cuz im running a trd clutch which is basically a rps stage 2 and im hearing different opinions on it holding or not

Must have missed my threads, I ended up cracking a piston through the ringlands, tore my engine out and am doing a full rebuild, when I got the crank magnafluxed it was cracked in two places, most likely because I got a rebuilt engine from ATK and they never magged the crank. I was running the stock clutch while the car ran well and it looks beat up, the clutch only had 15k on it. I think I am going with a spec stage 3 disc with a stock PP.

MKIIIChucky

Sep 9, 2005
south jerzy
JT87NA said:
Must have missed my threads, I ended up cracking a piston through the ringlands, tore my engine out and am doing a full rebuild, when I got the crank magnafluxed it was cracked in two places, most likely because I got a rebuilt engine from ATK and they never magged the crank. I was running the stock clutch while the car ran well and it looks beat up, the clutch only had 15k on it. I think I am going with a spec stage 3 disc with a stock PP.

spec stage 3 , isnt that a 6 puck clutch ??? i herd that 6 puck sux couse it chatters alot on normal driving, but is great with holding , was lookin at a XTD stage 3 clutch kit for like $250.00, isnt that bad lookin if u ask me but hey it could be a p.o.s. for all i kno ! i guess ill find out soon