thinking of goin t4 setup now. Blew the dm 57trim.......

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
Ok so i am debating on doing an ebay kit, mainly for parts not so much the turbo. I have been pricing out the parts from various places and everything except the turbo is as much as the whole kit.

I am figuring that i can always find a better quality t4 in the future and have all the components for a drop in install, just wanna make this turbo will be able to handle some abuse?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...l1259,p2761.l1259&item=190436546639&viewitem=

Its a little bigger than i think i need, but i am prepping for power and do have the supporting and putting out 400+ right now. Thanks for the input.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
I can bet that every part in that kit is made with the thinest cheapest and lowest quality material made avail. Just spend a little more and do it right. You can find everything to do it better here used and get the assurance that your not being ripped off by fellow members. Just look around. Hell a good wastegate , BOV, & Fuel pressure reg will cost that much. All of which they are selling will just about leave you with a Blown motor or un-tuneable car. Just look around seriously you will be better off.

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
You really should just save up for quality parts the first time around. Nothing in the "kit" even whispers quality. Even the exhaust manifold is just SS-304, shoot for a SS-321 at least.

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
where is that listing i went 20 pages and couldnt find it? i am going that route as well, fuck ebay. Was thinking that most of the manifolds were the same suchs as the ic kits everyone sells. but then again that doesnt get hot like exhaust thanks guys

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
Well it does have a gt45, capable of 650hp.... Then a durable ss manifold, then a perfect fitting cast bov adapter, along with an amazing oil catch can that "
Preserves Engine Oil, Ensure Better Oil Efficiency
Performance Design, Safe Engine Life". This has me sold!!!!!

The fine print too
~NOTE~
1. Trubo kits may require modifications to the hardware, components, or to the engine itself professional with experience in installing turbo kits is required for install
2. Item colors vary from pictures depending on stock
3. Included most complate parts,*required to custom or purchase a*turbo downpipe to fitting
4. This kit easy to Dyno your vehicle up to 80 HP and more
5. Totle*91 lb., Most part made by stainless Steel/Aluminum/Cast Construction

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
I wasnt too concerned on the turbo or the rest of the kit. i am going with the correct route, start with a good turbo, legit mani and so on. And yes i noticed all of the misprints as well.

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
89supra7mgte;1631051 said:
I wasnt too concerned on the turbo or the rest of the kit. i am going with the correct route, start with a good turbo, legit mani and so on. And yes i noticed all of the misprints as well.
Keep your eyes peeled in the f/s forum and on ebay. It may take a while but you'll eventually catch some nice parts. About 2-3 years ago, I scored a HKS cast iron long runner T4 manifold on ebay for super cheap after it sat on supramania for months at $550+.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
If the gt45 is a y200k Turbo then its not really a bad Turbo. I actually have one personally and the quality isn't bad at all. I haven't ran it though. I have read tons of other threads on them though and people have ran them on 350 ci and bigger engines usually in a twin Turbo format and were getting about 800 up with them. I wouldn't trust the specs on the Turbo either if you just search eBay for the gt45 you will see there isn't the same spec on each page LOL. I'd recommend master power for a cheap name brand Turbo + ss eBay manifold. Then I found a new tial f44 I think wastegate for like 180 through master power also. I've also read that eBay intercoolers are OK but basically useless and you might as well just get a good name brand or replica spearico from drift motion. Hope I got some info you were looking for. Now I sit and await the lashings for agreeing with the Turbo lol

sent from my ultimate droid

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
I talked to aaron at dm when i bought my ic kit and he said they are the same as what cxracing sells. when he was waiting for his shipment so were all the dealers on ebay. i called everyone. i am working on getting a turbonetics t4 right now and trying to acquire a good manifold from my buddy.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
stevenr816;1631031 said:
Well it does have a gt45, capable of 650hp.... Then a durable ss manifold, then a perfect fitting cast bov adapter, along with an amazing oil catch can that "
Preserves Engine Oil, Ensure Better Oil Efficiency
Performance Design, Safe Engine Life". This has me sold!!!!!

The fine print too
~NOTE~
1. Trubo kits may require modifications to the hardware, components, or to the engine itself professional with experience in installing turbo kits is required for install
2. Item colors vary from pictures depending on stock
3. Included most complate parts,*required to custom or purchase a*turbo downpipe to fitting
4. This kit easy to Dyno your vehicle up to 80 HP and more
5. Totle*91 lb., Most part made by stainless Steel/Aluminum/Cast Construction

I can only hope youre not serious...

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
Ok got a screaming deal from a buddy of mine. going with a garett gt4088r that he personally ran on his car that i witnessed. Mine was tuned at over 400 with fuel system, lex, and safc ic kit exh. he kept up with me on stock setup with the exception exhaust, emanage. So since his engine took a shit, i am getting the whole setup manifold to muffler for under 1k. pics soon

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
has anyone who has posted even tried anything on the kit on there own personal car? not saying its the best stuff out there but it does work. you guys flame and blast about how shitty the parts are but have these parts fail on you? you guys forget that DM sells ebay stuff yet when did anyone post ho shitty the quality was when the installed it?

All im trying to say is keep your mouth shut if youve never tried it. IMHO two ebay turbos have worked perfect for my set up.

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
super.secret.supra.club;1632829 said:
has anyone who has posted even tried anything on the kit on there own personal car? not saying its the best stuff out there but it does work. you guys flame and blast about how shitty the parts are but have these parts fail on you? you guys forget that DM sells ebay stuff yet when did anyone post ho shitty the quality was when the installed it?

All im trying to say is keep your mouth shut if youve never tried it. IMHO two ebay turbos have worked perfect for my set up.
I understand what you're saying about not knocking down something you have zero experience with. It's more of a personal preference of mine to not gamble with a turbo that may or may not flow anywhere near as advertised on top of quality/durability guessing. Being the guinea pig with an engine that doesn't respond well to cut corners (7M) is not something I will ever try. The whole point is to make quality/proven parts the first priority.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
I was looking at one but thats... not encouraging at all. I've been running a 150k mile stock CT at more boost than that for longer than that...