thinking of doing a 1jz swap

1987mk3

Dec 23, 2008
mosinee
planning on getting a 1jz front clip, but would the motor and tranny just fit right into my 87 supra...what do i still need to do when the motor is in...do i have to extend the harness or do anything dealing with the harness? or what major things do i have to do to get it started?

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
rakkasan;1245646 said:
The first thing I recommend is doing a lot of research. You haven't, and if you don't, you'll spend a lot more money than you expected

+1.. many have no idea how much it can cost.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
Dylan JZ;1245776 said:
+1.. many have no idea how much it can cost.

yes i agree w/ Dylan JZ, it is pretty expensive. you need to do more searching on the swap but the major things are harness needs to be extended and wired for you ma70 chassis (i recommend dr. tweak as well), you need the bic mounts sold by driftmotion that way you don't have to swap the cross member, intercooler and ic piping, exhuast, mayb giving the motor a tune up and changing the front and rear seals, water pump depending on what fan you want to use, clutch fan, electric fans, hydro fans, hooking up stock fuel lines to the motor and there is much more to name.

Cya

Aug 12, 2005
Columbia, S.C>
Bellhousing if not manual clip or swithing the rear housing to fit the Ma70 chasis, checking motor mounts, mid sump oil pan if not equiped...etc.. Your best bet is to get a Jza70 front cut bar none. It will save you a ton of headache and money in the end. There is more of an up front cost but it is definantly worth it if it is complete. Don't wind like most of us and have to spend an extra $150+ on a map sensor not to mention all the other in and out's! Start in the 1jz swap section and go from there.