Thinking about moving to Colorado

Dr Tweak

Well we're feeling the need for a change and we've been thinking about Colorado, maybe the "Springs" area. Anyone from the area? Pros/cons of the area? Things in particular that I'm interested in is the cost of rentals, cost of real estate, anything other advice positive or negative for moving to the area.

-Doc

carguy34

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Denver, CO
I live in the Denver area and it is awesome! The weather is great and there is always something to do if you like outdoors stuff. Cost of living is a bit higher than most other places but is inline or slightly less than most big cities. If you are looking for a 1000 sqft condo to buy for 500k you can find it, but you could also find a nice house for half that. If you would like to come out and visit for a weekend or whatever you could stay at my place. PM me if you are interested or if you want my phone number so we could talk. Good luck.

-B

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
you should def come to colorado. you'll sure get my business as i have mentioned people about you already when they question my swap setup.

its mostly always sunny and the tuner scene is pretty good. lots of things to do.

i cant say about the springs, but i live in highlands ranch, co and cost of living is a little high, but well worth it. i just moved here from washington and love it 10 millions times more. any major city you live in colorado will be a short commute to stores, entertainment, etc so you'll reduce gas cost. Gas cost is one of the lowest here. Cost of living might be a little high, but taxes in my county is ONLY 5.1%%%%!!!!!! compared to what i'm use to is 8.9%.

i'm not sure about the spring individually, but i know colorado as a whole was hit pretty hard with foreclosures on homes, so there are cheap houses all over for real cheap in REAL nice places. i've seen home price in upper middle class area go for 30-40% less then what they are worth.

i dont think you will regret it. unless you hate snow.

i'm wanting to start a side job that'll take pictures of the area you want to live, house you want to buy, video tape all of it, statistics review, commute time to necessities (grocery, gas, movie theater, etc), pm me for pricing or more info.

Last edited:

makaveli913

1jz and lovin it
Nov 20, 2007
Pueblo Co
i live 100 south of denver and 50 south of springs. Colorado is dope. Weather is decent year round. Always something to do or go to outdoors... fishing, camping, high speed mountain driving :). Springs is a cool town. its not too big or too small. lots of things to do and stay busy. I live in Pueblo and go to springs alot. i really like the city and hope to live there soon. Springs is a great place for a new start

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
GotBoost?;1138043 said:
Does Colorado law allow window tinting? If so, how dark do they allow the windows to be?

If all are tinted, 27% is the minimum.
If fronts are clear, anything is allowed in back.

If you do 30% on front and 20% on back and quarter windows, hardly any cop will have the necessary measuring equipment to tell you your backs are too dark. ;)

Its only a $75 citation anyways.

Boulder and Aurora, i know, are particularly bad for tinting issues.

Fwiw, my roommate has had 20% all around on his 4 door e36 and never been bothered about it even after being pulled over 6 times with it and receiving just as many moving violations.

duffer26

Jun 15, 2005
Colorado Springs CO
dude thesprings is nice ben here allmylife not tofar from denver if youneed something in a big city and not tofarfrom being out in the hills you should come and take a look

nerfkhat

Aug 24, 2005
centennial, Co
Springs is real nice from the times i have been there, I believe springs is bigger than denver too. They also get to do that crazy mountain drifting up there too. Very nice area to live and not too far from denver. It be awesome to have your expertise locally! Good luck with your move. Didnt realize how many sm members live nearby after reading this thread.

nerfkhat

Aug 24, 2005
centennial, Co
im just speaking of denver city limits not counting aurora, westy, all the metro areas..springs is much larger i think. but if you count all the other cities around denver it is much larger. but colorado is a good choice to move to.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
nerfkhat;1211237 said:
im just speaking of denver city limits not counting aurora, westy, all the metro areas..springs is much larger i think. but if you count all the other cities around denver it is much larger. but colorado is a good choice to move to.

Even if you ignore the cities surrounding Denver, it is much more populous than Colo springs.

Just the city of Denver has ~600,000 people. Colo Springs weighs in with ~375,000.

Denver has many medium cities surrounding it, while colo springs has only a few very small towns, most of which are included in their pop anyways.

Only reason I'd want to live in the Springs is because property values will be going up and the cost of living/housing currently is lower. I dont see any other benefit to living out there.

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
I'm looking to move to a semi-rural setting, somewhere near Denver, Loveland or Springs. A place with clean air, lost of room and great views. A newer home (between 2300-3000 sq ft) with a shop or barn where I can keep my Supras and other cars, at least 5 acres of land would suit me fine, and I did see lots of properties that fit that bill. The delay is that the person whom I'm replacing has their home for sale, and with the current real estate market, their property is not selling. Mine is going in the market by mid January, and hopefully I'll have better luck. We'll see. I gotta admit that getting stuck in snow doesnt appeal to me. So I'm fixing to buy me a Land Cruiser for winter duty. Would a LC do the job?

nerfkhat

Aug 24, 2005
centennial, Co
Land cruiser would do fine. We actually dont get much snow here (Unless in the mountains) and if we do, it will be melted within a couple days.Sometimes even by the next afternoon. Loveland is a much smaller town than springs so the LC is a good choice if you were to go loveland there are still lots of dirt roads out that way unless you actually live in town..Denver area seems to get more snow than up north in loveland/ft collins area. But up north in Loveland area can get very windy at times. But yea no one likes getting stuck most people get stuck in their own neighborhoods than anywhere else. Theres alot of misconceptions about colorado.

I feel like im just rambling haha

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I manage perfectly fine the Supra on studded tires. A land cruiser would be plenty to keep you out of trouble here. The snow melts VERY fast.

With an LC, you could probably make some money towing idiots out of snow banks. :)