Thermostat housing sensors

kamikazemkiii

Mar 21, 2009
North Carolina
Does anyone have a sensor diagram on the thermostat housing of a 90 7mgte i need to kno what they are and were they go

this one is not for my model
p1391657_1.jpg

something like this

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Is the A/C coolant sensor switch is for the fan (on turbo models) on the front of the a/c condenser?

Also, the auxiliary fan sensor... if I am going to be removing my auxiliary fan, do I still need the sensor?

If yes for the first question and no for the second, could I just use my non-turbo thermostat housing with only the BVSV on my turbo engine? (Do not have fan on a/c condenser, will probably be pulling out a/c system)

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Moy;1391748 said:
Is the A/C coolant sensor switch is for the fan (on turbo models) on the front of the a/c condenser?

Also, the auxiliary fan sensor... if I am going to be removing my auxiliary fan, do I still need the sensor?

If yes for the first question and no for the second, could I just use my non-turbo thermostat housing with only the BVSV on my turbo engine? (Do not have fan on a/c condenser, will probably be pulling out a/c system)

Yes

No

Yes

giterboosted;1391810 said:
what exactly doesthe bvsv do? mines busted as crap, but my car works fine

It allows the charcoal canister to purge to the TB when coolant warms above a certain temperature.

hatchet9mm

Aug 1, 2008
USA
Sorry to revive an old thread and jack it, but does anyone know the thread size and pitch of the a/c and the cooling fan switch? I'm trying to do a clean install of my flex-a-lite fan controller and am trying to find a place to put my sensor, I figured I took my condenser fans out and my belt driven fan one of those will server my purpose after I have a bushing to fit in one of those holes. The controller will turn the fans on automatically based on the a/c if I want it to, so if I want to use that feature, which sensor should I replace. I have spent the last hour looking for part numbers and specs on these sensors with no luck on finding the type of thread they are.