The VA SS Thread!!

Saavedro88

Jan 26, 2007
Richmond VA
Supra Sighting!!

Today (Monday 19th) At about Eleven on Huguenot road. It was a white mostly stock looking MKIII with an exhaust at the intersection of Huguenot and Koger Center (by the Best Buy and Circuit City.)

AW11inVa

Nov 15, 2007
Broadway Va
Its funny you started this thread. I am new to the Supra I just got mine yesterday. I towed it home from Stauton. Anyway I was with my dad in his truck and he was asking on the way down what the car looked like. Just then a bright red 89 Turbo Supra passed us in the right lane. I yelled RIGHT THERE!! Thats what it looks like!! LOL Then tonite on the way home I was thinking about what I needed to do to diagnose the problems my newly aquired 89 NA is having when an older MKIII passed me on 81 north at about the 253 marker. It did not have the 89 style tail lights but it had the spoiler. Do only turbos have spoilers???

Saavedro88

Jan 26, 2007
Richmond VA
AW11inVa said:
Do only turbos have spoilers???

Originally, but a lot of people put them on cause they look good. I've got an NA and I'm buying a REALLY nice spoiler with my next paycheck. It's one of the 91+ that have that LED third brake light built into the wing... I'm so stoked about it...

lol. I'm such a dork...

AW11inVa

Nov 15, 2007
Broadway Va
I am a dork with MK1 MR2's LOL I have run out of things to buy for it so I am moving on to a new project. My wife is so pleased LOL

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
AW11inVa said:
I am a dork with MK1 MR2's LOL I have run out of things to buy for it so I am moving on to a new project. My wife is so pleased LOL

So can we see pictures of your other projects?
I might be around your way one day and would love to see them.

AW11inVa

Nov 15, 2007
Broadway Va
Well if you dont mind me hijacking the thread for a moment here is a pic of my 1969 Mercury Cougar. That was a project with my dad and really got my into the car hobby. Then I bought the white MR2 but I have since sold that one and bought a black one.

cougarmr2+002.jpg

I have since build a nice car port over that concrete slab so I can work on my cars out of the weather.

I did take that white MR2 on a cruise on Skyline drive in 2006 and met up with 3 other MR2's and then a group of Supra owners. Maybe some of those people are on here. It was the time the 4th gen supra had its fan blades go through the radiator.

DSC00073.JPG

one more from that day...

DSC00074.JPG

Then there is my Black 87 Mr2 ....

4agzeswap+001.jpg

This car came to my in early 2006 after sitting in a junk yard back in the woods of Strasburg since 1997. 2 years prior to going to the yard it had broken a timing belt and the owner let it sit on the back of his lot next to a river. At some point the rains caused a flood and the car was under water up to the doors. The owner then stripped out the interior and finally gave up and had it hauled off. Well it was in the Valley Trader and I went to look at it. The guy there said $100 and it had a clear title. I bought it and sat on it for a few months until one day my coworker came in ad said that a guy in Broadway who had an '88 MR2 had wrecked his car in the front. We found his number called him and I bought the car for $400. I stripped EVERYTHING out of the black car and spent a week cleaning the mud out of it. I pressure washed every inch of it 3 times and with lots of scrubbing I cleaned it all up. Then I swapped EVERYTHING from the wrecked '88 in the Black '87. Before I got the '88 I had bought an interior out of an '85 bought some 87+ door panels and console on ebay. So I got the black MR2 on the road again. It was an N/A at this point. I sold everything I did not use from the wrecked '88 and got all my money back plus made $260. I stay pretty active on the MR2OC forum but there is not many MK1 owners in my regional section. I had mentioned wanting a 4AGZE swap but never really could afford it. One day out of the blue another forum member in Northern Virgina PM'ed me and said he had 2 wrecked SC MR2's in his yard and he said if I came and got one out of his yard I could have it. So I went up and got it and stripped my car down again and swapped in all the 4AGZE stuff. So now my MR2 is an 1985, 86, 87, 88, 89 N/A , SC car LOL The SC motor in it has 257,000 miles on it but it is still running well. Its a fun car and will stick to the road like glue.

Here are a few pics of my MR2 the day it came home from the junk yard.
newmr2+002.jpg

newmr2+004.jpg

So now I have my MR2 where I want it I was waiting for another project car. I knew it would be some type of Toyota. This supra came up for sale in Stauton. He wanted more for it then I should have paid but it was a 5 speed with removable top. The seller said the motor was locked up but I think it has some kind of electrical problem. I will do some things tonite to it and see if it starts up. The Supra is dirty inside and the paint is fading and cracking and it wont start. But she is beautiful to me LOL I hope to bring her back to life as I did my MR2.

Sorry for the long post!!!

Saavedro88

Jan 26, 2007
Richmond VA
Nice cars I love that cougar! I also really love what you did with that black MR2. Always nice to see a good car brought back to life... Good luck with your Supra!

But back on Topic...

SUPRA SIGHTING!!!

Tonight (Nov. 24) it was like 6PM when I walked out of the Midlothian Wal'Mart. There was an Ash grey / maybe off black pre 89 parked about half way out.

YOURS???

ross1

Jul 14, 2005
va
i was at the skyline dr. meet, thats my supra 2nd from the end, and squids supra two up from me. that was one of the last days my supra was on the road... now shes just a driveway trophy until this summer (i hope) i said that last summer too but went to school the whole time instead.

ross

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
I forgot to post this up, but I saw a Dark Grey 89+ Supra with 17-18 inch 5 Star rims very clean car sometime last week it was either Wed. or Friday. I was about 50-75 feet away. I saw you coming out of the Parking lot of TCC somewhere near the blackwater building parking lot towards the back, Virginia Beach Campus.

Just would like to know who that was....I know it has to be one you in Sethron71's Richmond, VA thread. Would love to see what's under that hood.

AW11inVa

Nov 15, 2007
Broadway Va
Not exactly in VA but we were on our way back home to Va from visiting my in-laws in Lancaster Pa and on Route 30 between Chambersburg and Gettysburg I saw 2 MKIII's about 10 miles apart both behind houses in shed type buildings. Both had no tags and both were the same color blue. I also saw a black MKIII in Lancaster too. And an MK1 MR2 as well!

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
I haven't seen any of you guys =[ Im up here in Fredericksburg until the 3rd, im here visiting aunt and uncle. If there are any meets going on let me know! [or if some just feel like hangin out, im bored as f#ck here.] Id love to hit up the supra scene here in VA! =D

rcsupra

Supraddict
Sep 19, 2007
Harrisonburg, VA
AW11inVA, I'm not far from you in Harrisonburg. I go to JMU, check out our car club at www.mmsports.org. We have car shows and attend local auto-x'es etc. I have seen a white MK3 turbo, a black N/A and there used to be a maroon N/A show car in town that I haven't seen in a while. There also used to be a number of MKIVs in town, my good friend has a red one thats still around.

Oscolivar1, I have pretty much the same exact car as you it seems from your avatar, and mine originally came from Va. Beach as well.

As for a sighting, a while back I was driving down W. Laburnum Avenue in Richmond and passed my exact car parked in front of a house, charcoal gray metallic, maroon interior, sawblades, everything, it was eerie. Does anyone know this car?

AW11inVa

Nov 15, 2007
Broadway Va
Cool man nice to meet you. You wont see my Supra in awhile I bought it dead and I am fixing her up. However if at 6:10 ish in the evening you are sitting at the red light at Lowe's / Shoney's and you see a black Supercharged MK1 MR2 speed onto the ramp to get onto 81 north that would be me going home. My friend /co-worker Kenny will probably hot on my tail in his 93 Twin Turbo 300ZX HAHA

I did see recently up on Neff near Costco an MKIII Supra turning at the light. It was dark and I could not tell the color but it had rims and a cool sounding exaust. Matt

AW11inVa

Nov 15, 2007
Broadway Va
There was a light blue / silver'ish pre '89 MKIII in the parking lot of the shopping center where I work. It had some front end damage on the front drivers side. I went to check the mail and there was an older guy in it eating his luch. He did not appear very approachable so I did not go talk to him.

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
Bringing this thread back....Supra Sighting!

Wednesday night, Feb 6th...on Ferrell turning on Pleasant Valley. Looked stock but it was a clean, white pre-89. :bigthumb: