***The Red Supras Thread***

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
PDZOMy.gif

D51208

Apr 22, 2014
Oswego
My door got ripped off (well almost) my maroon supra. Fender and door are not happy. :( Horrible luck. Anyone know anywhere abouts of a supra graveyard in the northeast haha?

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
What color would you guys paint your calipers? I have some Merc brembos and want to paint them before installing. I'd like red but idk if that'll look good since the car is already red. Wheels are TTs atm but i have a set of es8 hypersilver going on the car soon.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
I'd say red, black, silver, or gunmetal. I don't think red would look funny on a red car at all. I think red calipers look good on just about any car. You have any pictures of your new Supra since your blue one got hit? I haven't seen the new one yet.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Hey thanks for keeping up with me :D actually the car that was hit was a red 91 turbo :: angry :::: angry :::: angry :::: angry :::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc:
Since then i've swapped everything over to a red 90 turbo. I do have pictures but she's not cleaned yet, she's actually burgundy pearl but for some reason the PO painted her red....lol it's the exact color of my previous supra. The blue car is long gone, that was my 2nd supra where I've learned everything on, from Auto NA to Auto Turbo, then to manual Turbo. She's gone due to lot's of rust underneath :(Outside was really clean but she was dying from the inside.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
akito;2044786 said:
Hey thanks for keeping up with me :D actually the car that was hit was a red 91 turbo :: angry :::: angry :::: angry :::: angry :::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc:
Since then i've swapped everything over to a red 90 turbo. I do have pictures but she's not cleaned yet, she's actually burgundy pearl but for some reason the PO painted her red....lol it's the exact color of my previous supra. The blue car is long gone, that was my 2nd supra where I've learned everything on, from Auto NA to Auto Turbo, then to manual Turbo. She's gone due to lot's of rust underneath :(Outside was really clean but she was dying from the inside.

Ah, gotcha. I didn't know the one that got hit was red too. I'm glad that rust is virtually non existent down here... I'd love to see some pics once you get the new one all cleaned up though!

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
ibcrazee;2045002 said:
and no, red is not my favorite color.

I was gonna make a stupid comment about this, but you beat me to it haha

Very nice! That looks super nice. Any pics of that pretty MK2 hiding behind her in the garage!

ibcrazee

tested
Jan 27, 2010
south of I-10
I do..

and from Tail of the Dragon last year..

I highly recommend experiencing this road in your supra. but by all means make sure the car is up to par, tires, brakes and suspension will be put through its paces. 318 curves in 11 miles.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
You've got two beautiful red Supras there. That road isn't too far from me. Maybe sometime this summer I can make a trip up there, I'd love to run it sometime.