the radiator thread

MA717MGTE

boostaholic
Apr 2, 2005
Bristol VA
well i was looking for an older thread that people discussed thier aftermarket radiators.

can anybody point me in the right direction? i searched but couldnt find it thx.

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
Got the Koyo in the group purchase.

Like it alot, great quality in form and function.

How about responding to your pm's?

Wayne

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
just dont re-use the stock shroud as it wil get sucked into the fan and ruin your clutch.the added thickness of the radiator kicks the shroud closer to the fan,eh? i learned this the hard way!

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
this is true,but by adding a thicker radiator,the fan-to-shroud ratio is different.
when i did mine,the fan actually sucked the bottom part of the shroud over 4 of the blades. i toasted a perfecly good shroud due to this oversight.
thats why i went custom and made my own shroud. before

new style

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
There are no issues. He just did something wrong.

I drove several thousand miles with my PWR, stock fan, and stock shroud. Needless to say... absolutely nothing went wrong.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
had to bring this thread back... I need a radiator and I'm leaning towards the Koyo, but supposedly it's not a direct drop in. What mods do you have to do to get the fan shroud to mount up right?

help is much appreciated...

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Poodles said:
had to bring this thread back... I need a radiator and I'm leaning towards the Koyo, but supposedly it's not a direct drop in. What mods do you have to do to get the fan shroud to mount up right?

help is much appreciated...

The only "mod" for a 7m is that there is a threaded hole in radiator for a 1j temperature sensor that you must put a bolt in (preferably with some loctite or something). I can get you the exact size in the morning.

EDIT: you need a 16mm x 1.5 drain plug

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Poodles said:
thought I read that the shroud doens't fit right?

gonna have to get a koyo now...

Shroud fits easily on mine. Just make sure the bottom portion is secure. Should fit fine on others as well.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Sl1dewaysSupra said:
I have had the CSF radiator for about two months now with no problems. I rarley see the temp reach half way.
got an old stoc replacement CSF, it's seen 2 BHG's so I'm thinking it's going bad (looks pretty bad in it too)