the problems never stop (kinda long)

jsnowman76

In need of another supra
Oct 17, 2006
Elk grove, CA
so a couple of days ago I posted on here about not being able to get my car started in the cold. and it still will not start under its own power. I had my buddy pull start it with his truck because this thing is WAY to effing heavy to push start by hand. after about 10 min. we got it started and I drove it back to my house. I let it sit in my driveway for about 20 min. at idle to get it warmed up. I then put it in the garage and parked it. I came out an hour later just to make sure that it would still start.. it did. So I had a great rest of the day cuz it seemed like the supra was working fine. I went out to start it this morning and It ran under its own power again. (amazing for this car) I let it idle while I took a shower and when I came back out the car had shut off. out of gas? I put in another 5 gallons and recharged the battery and it still would not start. it tries, believe me it wants to run but something is wrong. I searched on here an hour ago and found out somethings about the cps and csi which were really helpful so I got my hopes up and went outside to mess around with it. i wiggled the wires ond the cps and disconnected them to try to get a better connection. and while I was looking around the engine bay I saw that the black cps cover was cracked a little bit due to overtightening of the bolt. Could this be a problem? I also remover the #! plug to see if I was getting spark and the boot is covered in oil. I looked into the spark plug cover on the top of the block and the #1 plug and wire look like they are saturated in oil? could this be a problem? Also my clutch has been slipping really bad. could this possibly why it is not starting? any help would be greatly appreciated. My girlfriend would like for us to take the Supra to prom but I can't really do that if I can't get it running.

thanks

LordLo

Jun 20, 2006
OR
See if the cold start injector is still working. The injector on the intake mainfold.

jsnowman76

In need of another supra
Oct 17, 2006
Elk grove, CA
johnathan1 said:
injector?
yes that is the one. I know where the time switch is on top of the radiator inlet pipe above the cps. but the injector itself is what I need a pic of. could that be the problem? what about the other problems?