The only religion worth following...

AdrenalineOD

One helluva lucky noob
Jan 14, 2010
Napa, California, United States
...is Toyota and their Supras. Whats up? My name's Adam. I've had my 89 7MGTE/A34OE (Piper) for nearly two years and I've poured about 7-8k into her so far, maybe 3k of that into mods. And regret none of it! She's been pretty good to me so far, throwing mostly little fixes like burnt out lights and cracked hoses at me. I'm a pretty easygoing driver, the only times I ever open her up are at the track, next to cocky, loudmouthed teenagers, and ESPECIALLY going down windy mountain runs. I LIVE for the thrill of taking Piper down a 1-lane 15 speed limit mountain road at 55 mph. This is and always will be my favorite car on the planet. Long live Supra!

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
AdrenalineOD;1492056 said:
...is Toyota and their Supras. Whats up? My name's Adam. I've had my 89 7MGTE/A34OE (Piper) for nearly two years and I've poured about 7-8k into her so far, maybe 3k of that into mods. And regret none of it! She's been pretty good to me so far, throwing mostly little fixes like burnt out lights and cracked hoses at me. I'm a pretty easygoing driver, the only times I ever open her up are at the track, next to cocky, loudmouthed teenagers, and ESPECIALLY going down windy mountain runs. I LIVE for the thrill of taking Piper down a 1-lane 15 speed limit mountain road at 55 mph. This is and always will be my favorite car on the planet. Long live Supra!

Welcome. In for before and after pics. Thank you.

AdrenalineOD

One helluva lucky noob
Jan 14, 2010
Before and now!

p1492162_1.jpg

p1492162_2.jpg

AdrenalineOD

One helluva lucky noob
Jan 14, 2010
I know, I know. I did it when still uneducated and in my ricer phase BUT it does make a nice difference in performance and gets a lot of compliments from non-Supra owners. Plus I still put on the factory spoiler every now and then to mix it up a little.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Next time you put the factory wing on, leave it on!

Welcome to SupraMania. As if you couldn't tell, we have no problem stating our opinions here, albeit in a constructive fashion.

AdrenalineOD

One helluva lucky noob
Jan 14, 2010
Haha well my car's finally decided to not run properly so i may sell some stuff to fund my repairs. I'll think bout it. I'm not entirely sure what its going to be painted, I've come up with some sweet paintjobs on Forza 3, still trying to decide.

little_chari

Jan 20, 2010
Armidale
AdrenalineOD;1492190 said:
yeah the old wing pieces are coming off for good when I paint her, just don't need holes in my car til then.

lol. i had gaffa tape covering the holes that were left when i took my spoiler off. For like 5 months. LAZY Charlee....
When i got the respray i got them covered...and i tell ya theres nothing like a sexy smooth arse on the back of a supra :momaru:

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
lazy sleepy eye + fake carbon hood (stocker painted black) = fail. Sorry.

The spoiler isn't THAT bad, but the style of it doesn't fit on the Supra, the rear lip of it is too aggressive.

Welcome though

MkIIIDK

Nucking Foob
Jan 20, 2010
Lake Zurich, IL
AdrenalineOD;1492162 said:

Where is the puke icon. RICE!!!!!!!

:puke: oh god that hood >.>

And I disagree with driving 55 in a 15. if you're going to race, do it on a sanctioned track... No point in going to jail or hurting someone just because you wanted to have fun.

AdrenalineOD

One helluva lucky noob
Jan 14, 2010
Ok, couple things. 1. Hood was painted because there was a massive dent on the driver's side ridge because my friend sat on it. Simply fixed the dent and primered it to clean it up a bit, I STRONGLY dislike the 'carbon looking' thing as well. If its going to look like carbon it damn well better be carbon. Simply havent gotten one yet because theres always something more important :p 2. I like the sleepy look but havent done the true conversion, due to the same reason I gave for the hood. 3. Spoiler will be sold and replaced by a less aggressive straight-lined carbon APR wing. I like the look and love the performance so there will always be a wing. You guys can bash it all you like, just know that you're not changing anything. 4. The mountain road my friends and I tear up is out in the boonies and completely empty of homes, businesses, active properties, crossroads etc. When we do our runs, we ALWAYS have someone cruise down and post themselves at the bottom ready to call if someone starts coming up. We keep our cells on full volume and in easy earshot. That is the ONLY place I let go of the leash and ONLY when we're properly set up. I am very considerate of other people, and would drive myself off the cliff before hitting someone. I'm fully aware of the consequences and always take full action in order to make such an occurrence impossible. Thank you.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
2 things
1) please stop ricing out supras

2) instead of cell phones if you have to do something like your lil moutain road trip invest in walkie talkies trying to answer a cell phone while going 50+ down a moutain road sounds ummm well for lack of a better word stupid

AdrenalineOD

One helluva lucky noob
Jan 14, 2010
1. I am no longer ricing. My goal is a formidable amateur street/track car with 370-400 whp, weight under 3200 lbs and extreme handling. There are splitters, canards, coilovers, sway bars, strut towers and camber in my future. I don't consider that kind of performance to be ricey and if you do I'd appreciate it if you kept it to yourself.

2. I realize I wasn't clear with this. He calls. We hear our phones ring. We do not answer, but simply slow down to safety mode. If he's calling us in the middle of our run, we figure it's probably not to ask if we've seen Avatar yet.