the head gasket debate for my car

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
well as some of you people know i have bhg as of now go figure stuiped 87 octain and dumb as friend any way

any ways since i am on tight spot and my old race motor is torn apart and need my car for this summer and tad low on money

i have spaer 2 mill titana hg i was think on dropping this in in place of the stock oem gasket

but this will drop my comption alot i figure about 8 flat ish

now has any one really done this befor and hows your spool this is my main conser as of right now

i know with thicker gasket i can push higher boost but is it really worth it and be much more gental on the stock bottom end

instead of going to stock size gasket witch will add more strain

all in all i bounch between the 2 one i have all ready the other i will ahve to order

ps power goal is about 450 to 500

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Are you still on the CT? If your tight on money go ahead with the Titan 2.0.

Actually since your wanting to make around 450-500hp anyway the CT won't cut it so you must be using a bigger turbo requiring more boost so the 2.0 is great option for you right now.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
pte 67 p trim it more then eghough thus way i brought up lag if i am right my comp will be 7.9 to 8.0 that is really low this all so depends how much is taken off the head as well i know my block has never bena tuched but i bought used head and is has bena used befor more then once i am not sure

but i still debating i want this thing to last low comp is great but to low is very gay

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
A 67 is gonna be laggy either way, but with the boost your gonna run on that turbo you'll benefit from the lower compression and its an easier route for you right now.

Mrbaboon

Jul 13, 2006
Victoria, BC
It wont spool at all. Mainly because you'll accidentally plumb the fuel rail to the turbo oil feed lines, and the oil feed lines to the rail.

Otherwise it'll be just peachy.

<3

Now give me back my case lucky lager you cock.

On a more serious note:

Like I've told you before just hurry up and use the titan. You have it, shave your head to bump your comp a smidge, then you'll be sitting happy and wont need stupid boost to make up for your engines lack of power. Oh and make sure not to run a blow off valve. :biglaugh:

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Shave the block as well, make it smooth enough for the Titan to seal.

That thing have rivets in it? Get rid of them.

You can't calculate the comp. until you get the block and head back from the machine shop.

If you don't do both, then the gasket sealing is just a crap shoot.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
just for that your beer is gone all piss in jar and give it back to you if you wish

i may not run bov still i sent some info to my friend and he goig to get back to me see if this old t seires can do it it can but not sure how much boost persue

Mrbaboon;997555 said:
It wont spool at all. Mainly because you'll accidentally plumb the fuel rail to the turbo oil feed lines, and the oil feed lines to the rail.

Otherwise it'll be just peachy.

<3

Now give me back my case lucky lager you cock.

On a more serious note:

Like I've told you before just hurry up and use the titan. You have it, shave your head to bump your comp a smidge, then you'll be sitting happy and wont need stupid boost to make up for your engines lack of power. Oh and make sure not to run a blow off valve. :biglaugh: