The good the bad and the ugly.

So On Wednesday April 17, 2013.

I was driving over to autozone to meet up with reaper89 sitting at a stop light for ten minutes when the head gasket on my 7M-GTE blows!

Good: Wanted to replace my Gasket with HKS and get the ARP studs.
Bad:I have no money right now to fix.
Ugly: She was my daily driver and my only car and I still have to work.

Anyone care to share some good bad and ugly moments? Maybe make me feel a little better! :p

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
You were sitting at a stop light for ten minutes!? AND your head gasket blew!? Villy what were you doing to your car man!?

Good: HKS head gasket and ARP studs sound great
Bad: Now you gotta get up early enough to catch a ride with Adam
Ugly: Now you gotta get up early enough to catch a ride with Adam

Good luck man!

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
I was driving my DD 89 to work one awesome morning, spin the tires and slam it into 2nd (tires still spinning) POW! something broke. my syncros wouldn't work, and it seemed like my clutch wouldn't disengage. had a fun trip back home and to the repair shop.

good: my clutch was a POS, I lived 1 block from school, and lived with people that I worked with.
bad: it exploded (pos clutch)
ugly: springs shattered lodging inbetween the clutch face, pressure plate and flywheel. scorched and chewed up my flywheel pretty good.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I remember when my Supra was my DD. I had another car, but it was my wifes. First time I had BHG we shared the other car back and forth to work. It was a pain in the ass... and we were in the same household. It got frustrating. There were times where I'd take the city bus, and catch a cab. I can guarantee whomever is going to "help" you around town while your Supra is down isn't going to like it. That shit gets old. Trust me I've "helped" people around town when their car was in the shop. After my second BHG I went out and bought myself a reliable DD, and no longer relied on anybody else for a ride.

You either need to:

1. Go out and buy a reliable DD.
2. Fix your Supra with a stock HG and keep it on the road.

Good luck on whatever you do.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
hm... I lived with a several personal friends, when my car was down, they didn't mind if I rode along, I didn't mind either... then again, when you live at the same place, and go to all the same places you/they would anyhow, I can't see how that would annoy anyone.

Yeah he just showed up to my house drunk off his ass :eek:
Bogwon;1933076 said:
You were sitting at a stop light for ten minutes!? AND your head gasket blew!? Villy what were you doing to your car man!?

Good: HKS head gasket and ARP studs sound great
Bad: Now you gotta get up early enough to catch a ride with Adam
Ugly: Now you gotta get up early enough to catch a ride with Adam

Good luck man!

alliz

Apr 18, 2013
WA
I'll share a good, bad, ugly moment... but my story starts out bad of sorts... Ill start with with my buying the RX7 as a play car a while back, I bought it for $500 from a guy i used to work with. Rear oil seal was bad so she smoked on start up and at high rpm, no problems with that. I drove it for 2 and a half years trying to get that motor to blow completely, but she never did. I had a parts car that had a good motor/trans ready to swap in as soon as it died.

Bad: 87 rx7 gets stolen
Good: picked up a Turbo AWD DSM for $700
Ugly: every time a wrench is taken to the DSM something that was once "red necked" on is discovered broken.

alliz

Apr 18, 2013
WA
I have, I'd just like to get what I put into it out of it... but I cant do that until its running again. On the plus side I picked up my Supra for a steal!

Yea i did show up at your house pretty drunk, Well my good bad and ugly is, My car starts and Runs now YAY!
The bad, it still has a slight but not bad vacuum leak now, The ugly, My check engine light came on and i haven't the slightest idea, Vacuum reasons maybe?
sensors maybe? Who fucking knows but i will figure it out...
I am looking for another DD right now as well so i can really get invested into the Supra,