the ford probe guy is changing to a yota guy

maac0953

mike
Jul 21, 2008
orlando
Just saying whats up guys and gals if there's any but iam trying to find one of these sexy cars and sell one of my ford probes,the black sexy one and yes ford probes.lol ya, well one is a 94 proge gt with a 2.5 v6 that likes to rev and is very nice looking and the OTHER probe is a 89 probe gt and its turbo and its starting its conversion to be fast so for its on 14lbs and the intrcooler pipes blow off.owell but once i find out how to post pictures of the probes i'll do it. OH and my friends call them anal probes,there weird.

and the iam changing car's cause i fell in love with a mk3 supra a HOT IMPORT NIGHTS in orlando here and now iam hooked. and iam tired of probes cause there pain in my ass,lol

Attachments

• IMG_204.JPG
    IMG_204.JPG
    473.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0223.JPG
    IMG_0223.JPG
    498.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0173.JPG
    IMG_0173.JPG
    413.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
yeah, theyre talking about supras. you'll see when you get yours, its as much trouble as the next car if you don't take care of it. don't expect a walk in the park

to make it easier, check here for advice (i've done this countless times :)) welcome to SM!

maac0953

mike
Jul 21, 2008
orlando
oh great, another pain in the ass car but ill buy one for like 7grand that was maintained and probably less trouble. and then ill SLAAP a big ass turbo on it

just kidding, but someday that will happen, and new picture of my engine bay

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
You'll be fine. Just make sure you do your maintenance, don't do half ass modifications, and if your going to do anything to your car, do it right the first time. This is a great site for information. You shouldn't have any trouble getting the answers you will no doubt be looking for.

myothersupra

Jun 19, 2008
Greater New Orleans Area
Clip;1090598 said:
yeah, theyre talking about supras. you'll see when you get yours, its as much trouble as the next car if you don't take care of it. don't expect a walk in the park

to make it easier, check here for advice (i've done this countless times :)) welcome to SM!

Trouble?
I guess I'm just lucky or something?
Aside from occasional BHG's over the years I've had some nice MkIII's and some badly neglected total pile beater MkIII's, dealt with the fluid leaks and related neglect issues, checked the oil and coolant levels religiously, and beat the hell out of all of them as daily drivers, and in about 200,000 miles between them I think I've been stranded twice in nearly 15 years and both times made it to my destination, leaving me stranded there.

If you're constantly tweaking stuff and half-ass band-aiding issues or trial and error modding 'em, of course they can be trouble.
We've had group members lean an 89T out and roast two pistons because they were too lazy to install a new EGT probe after a turbo upgrade, another who drove his 92T out of oil, rebuilt it, then drove it out of coolant maybe a year later and it's still dead today, and others who asked questions then ignored the advice we gave and suffered the consequences.
If it's your only car you should either leave it alone and use it reliably or get a commuter vehicle and make your Supra the weekend play-toy.
You can reliably get 400+whp out of 'em and drive 'em daily if you do it right.
If you're looking for 500+whp, expect things to break sometimes...
I know someone who daily driver's a MkIII Turbo at least 500 miles a week totally reliable. His 89T that he bought new has just under 200k on it and aside from a BHG a while back that we fixed ourselves it runs fine.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
Clip;1090598 said:

at 190k mine's just been pulled for a rebuild :) i'd say thats not too bad

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
they aren't that bad :) but mazda mx6 is better (basically its the same probe, just different styling, so it's possible to swap everything to it and enjoy turbo)

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
Welcome to SM.... Yes these cars CAN be a pain in the ASS... I have 2 kinda sorta... gf has one.. dont drive it and its sitting here..its been trouble free.. sence we got and I fixed the few small problmes it had..

Mine... OMG good grief ya just dont wana know lol... but then my supra aint normal by no means...but it is my DD and i run the shit out of her..

now FORDS suck... you be better off in a yogo

*Edited by Dunckel* Sorry Hommer, if it isn't your car, you can't sell it here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Who

Supramania Contributor
My wife and I owned a ford probe. It didn't matter that it was a mazda product. It sucked. We traded it in the day before the 5 year warranty ran out. If you can keep a Probe running you shouldn't have any problems with the mk3.

maac0953

mike
Jul 21, 2008
orlando
ya,probes have a bad name i guess but ill tell ya man it beat the hell out of it and keep her in good shape and it'll whoop on grs hondas all day in the orlando street races.and its so crazy down here at the races. it starts at like 12am at night on a saturday and end's at 4,5,or daylight depending on how many people come out.it rain alot down here and i drove a 240 in the rain and drifted alittle and that was freakin great, but if i built a supra to like 400 hp then i would only chill down town with all the fuel sluts and i think they highyway race,i dont know but they just chill most the time, while my end of town is infested with cops and ricers.

maac0953

mike
Jul 21, 2008
orlando
well right now iam selling my black car for 3grand on probetalk fourms and 500$ in the bank so 3500$ in a little while after its sold, but once i find my self a new job i would like to buy one i around 5-7 thousand.

myothersupra

Jun 19, 2008
Greater New Orleans Area
ViR2;1090844 said:
they aren't that bad :) but mazda mx6 is better (basically its the same probe, just different styling, so it's possible to swap everything to it and enjoy turbo)
I remember back in 1993 in Houston I was on my way home in my 100% stock >110k miles on it '83 P-Type 5-Speed N/A MkII Supra, came up to the last light before my street (about a mile), this dark reddish orange thing in a style I hadn't ever seen before came up next to me at the light and began revving on me as I sat there enjoying a song on the factory deluxe cassette stereo with the a/c on waiting for the green light in my old Supra.
It was late and the streets were empty, we were back in Houston proper as we passed the last Hunter's Creek Village speed trap 2 miles back, and he obviously saw the word SUPRA on my hatch and wanted to play in his fancy new Turbo Sportscar so I figured why not...
So I tach it up a little (about 1,800), slip the clutch to avoid wheelspin on the sloppy 14x7" Falkens (Stock MkII P-Type wheels), take back the 1/2 fender he had on me and gain about than on him once the Falkens finally bit, drop back to even as I grab second, then he loses ground grabbing 2nd moments later and falls back more and more to the point where I'm looking at his front end in my side mirror when I finally grab 3rd then granny shift into 4th as moments later we hit 70+mph in a 35 zone and finally I brake hard to make my turn, drifted the corner unexpectedly as my stock brakes weren't exactly thrilled, and laughed as I saw the words MX-6 Turbo on his hatch/trunklid as he kept going straight...
Keep in mind that the MX-6 was basically a brand new model for Mazda at the time and my 100% Stock 10 year old $250.00 Non-Turbo Toyota Celica-Supra just walked him and then some with my a/c on!
I know his car was brand new with the dealer "temp tag" plate on it and I presume it was stock and I know my old Supra was stock so granted he could've been a bad driver, I guarantee you at the time I totally sucked at it too and I still walked him. My 82 L-Type MkII's tall gearing woulda lost against him on the low end but the P-Type's stock 4:30 solved that problem.

Not to say that the Mazdas suck but that was just so sad to beat a brand new Turbocharged Mazda with a 10 year old MkII with the a/c on.
They just don't seem to be able to build anything long-term reliable that isn'ty rotary... There are always exceptions but I'll always choose my 'yotas first... :)

When the Probe was new and they finally got away from that fugly boxy style of the first gen Probe GT I thought they were at least interesting to look at but MkIII Supras and certain domestic muscle's stylings always won me over instead hands down.

maac0953

mike
Jul 21, 2008
orlando
my black one is a second gen and isnt turbocharged though, just a little 2.5 v6.
but ya i also have the first gen gt turbocharged. these cars arent a good plat form for building huge power. the first gen is a decent platform cause of a strong bottom end and cast iron block but the heads a weak ass hell. all i want to do is to be able to drift when iam bored when its raining and hall ass when its sunny and dry. probably what you guys do.lol

Jaguar

Permanent Ban
Apr 4, 2005
SoCal
www.supramania.com
I had a 1st gen Probe. It was actually the car that led me to the Supra. I had a regular base model Probe and then wanted the turbo because I'd heard that they were fast(er). :rolleyes: I searched the word turbo and found the Supra. Never looked back.

My Probe had mad issues and so have all of the Supras I have owned. The Supra is far superior, but the Probe had charm as well.