The Devil

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
Ok seriously, I was just wondering how the Devil shows himself in your daily lives . Now this isnt nesscarly a christian thing just wondering. For me it is the Beautiful women that Are on my route tempting me to cheat and the stuff in my truck that I am tempted to steal just wondering?

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
mattsplat72 said:
Now this isnt nesscarly a christian thing just wondering

It is most decidedly a Christian thing. I don't believe in your god, nor do I believe in his opposite. This also includes angels, and all the other nonsense you superstitious folks buy into.

As it says in my signature, I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

That goes for his opposing number as well...

Mk3Jesse

Fire is my friend.
Oct 22, 2006
Augusta, GA
www.myspace.com
Supracentral said:
It is most decidedly a Christian thing. I don't believe in your god, nor do I believe in his opposite. This also includes angels, and all the other nonsense you superstitious folks buy into.

As it says in my signature, I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

Do you believe in any type of higher being?

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Supracentral said:
I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

:thumbup:

Same here.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
mattsplat72 said:
Ok seriously, I was just wondering how the Devil shows himself in your daily lives . Now this isnt nesscarly a christian thing just wondering. For me it is the Beautiful women that Are on my route tempting me to cheat and the stuff in my truck that I am tempted to steal just wondering?

the "devil" is inside of you, and actually, he is YOU.

the beautiful women that tempt you, and the desire to steal the products in your truck are nothing more than YOUR desires.

call the police and turn your self in before its too late!

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
You sound like the youth group leader.

Nothing sexual is good. Get a boner, you're going to hell you pervert.

The devil is nothing more than the parts of you that you realize are not good things. Cheating=bad, stealing=bad

Christians...... ugh.

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
The "Devil in your life" thing is really just a religious way of saying "where in your life do you see things that are clearly wrong." This can be intrapersonal (in your mind/actions) or interpersonal (in how you interact with others/how they act). I expected the usual, "OMG fuck religion", reply, but I thought I would reveal the question behind the semantics.

(My personal opinion on the topic of religion)
We all have a sense of right and wrong, original religion was just a way of making sure people didn't get too far out of line back back before there developed an enforcible legal system.

I would contend that you are specifically talking about temptation in our lives (not a topic restricted to religion). Body building and money are mine. It is easy to get sucked into the superficial.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
Supercentral said:

How so because I used the Euphemism "The Devil " You automatically assume I am a bible thumping christian would you have felt better had I posted " A devil " instead of " the Devil". actually I believe that Satan/devil represents man in his prideful carnal nature. That Man is both Good and Evil .I was asking how the Evil side of you represents it self in your life . So in this post and in this case you are wrong . Elsewhere you may be right but not in the instance. The motivation in posting this topic was to see how my fellow Supra-maniacs would respond to a question concering morality

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
mattsplat72 said:
How so because I used the Euphemism "The Devil " You automatically assume I am a bible thumping christian would you have felt better had I posted " A devil " instead of " the Devil". actually I believe that Satan/devil represents man in his prideful carnal nature. That Man is both Good and Evil .I was asking how the Evil side of you represents it self in your life . So in this post and in this case you are wrong . Elsewhere you may be right but not in the instance. The motivation in posting this topic was to see how my fellow Supra-maniacs would respond to a question concering morality

If I were to ask you "What do you think of Madonna?" when I really was asking if you like pussy, would it make sense?

Perhaps you should say what you mean as opposed to hoping people would figure it out.

Evil manifests itself in me via my inability to suffer fools.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I see the devil in people asking me where I see the devil. Clearly, this is the devil attempting to have me 'look the other way' so that he may run free.

I'M ON TO YOU, YOU TRICKSTER!!! :sarcasm:

Christianity is a crock. There, I said it. Do you know why? Because it is a faith that subverted itself in an attempt to gather the 'pagans' into its fold. Because it is a religion that has had more people put to death in its name than just about any war.

And mainly, because of all the so called 'Christians' I know - only ONE has walked the walk that he talks about.

Faith, is a powerful thing. Faith in yourself, faith in a higher power, faith in the Supra. It doesn't matter where the faith comes from - faith drives man further than man alone can go.

Faith, when harnessed, can do great things. Faith can also do many dark, demented things.

Faith is a tool, faith is power to do the unbelievable.

Faith is God. Faith is Satan. Faith is Allah. Faith is the Goddess. Faith is Buddha.

Faith is the knowledge that the only limits you have, are those you impose upon yourself.

Do I have faith? Of course. I have faith in knowing that I am, and that I can change the world around me, a small bit at a time - for I am human.

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
mattsplat72 said:

See:

Anomili said:
I would contend that you are specifically talking about temptation in our lives (not a topic restricted to religion).

and

Anomili said:
I expected the usual, "OMG fuck religion", reply...

Do I win anything for looking beyond the face value of the question?

Status
Not open for further replies.