The alarm is fighting back...

NIXmx

Oct 7, 2007
Las Vegas
www.myspace.com
My buddy's alarm was tripped, by himself, and now he cant deactivate it. I'm assuming the factory alarm cuts the signal to the starter only because I can hear the fuel pump and all other functions work (dash lights, TEMS, etc.). On my Cress all I did was unlock the car with my key or turn the ignition. His won't get out of this 'safe mode' crap. So I propose two questions.

1 - how do you disarm the alarm with out locking/unlocking the car or turning the key in the ignition.

2 - after that's solved, how do you disable the alarm? Is there a fuse you can pull?

Thanks in advance.

eman2289

Noob..but not incompetent
Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
If you can get the hood popped, look right by the hood latch. You will see a peice of plastic on the hood latch assemby. Take that off and you will see a plug there. Disconnect the plugs and use a tiny peice of wire in the shape of a "U" to jump the 2 female sides of the plug. Then just use electrical tape to hold it in place. It took me all of 5 mins, and no more annoying factory alarm.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
This reminds me of my alarm once. I was at a stop light, it turned read, and I saw the "Security" thing blinking red. I opened my door, my car shut off, and I panicked. I ran out of my car, closed it, opened it with key, then went back in side, and it didn't start. I ran out again, did it again, then I realized it didn't start cause I left it in Drive, not Park. Haha. Held up the light for a minute or two :p

That probably has nothing to do with this thread, but I felt like posting a story about how much I hate this alarm and I'd rather not have it. lol

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Ma70.Ent said:
This reminds me of my alarm once. I was at a stop light, it turned read, and I saw the "Security" thing blinking red. I opened my door, my car shut off, and I panicked. I ran out of my car, closed it, opened it with key, then went back in side, and it didn't start. I ran out again, did it again, then I realized it didn't start cause I left it in Drive, not Park. Haha. Held up the light for a minute or two :p

That probably has nothing to do with this thread, but I felt like posting a story about how much I hate this alarm and I'd rather not have it. lol

When I first got my car I was at a friends house, went to get in the car and set the alarm off. I jumped in and it wouldnt start! I figured the alarm wasnt going off so it was off. Had to leave the car go home looked online and saw you hold the key in the door lock open for a few seconds. Go back the next day and it worked first try lol.

tbots

Banned
Nov 7, 2007
LAs Vegas
MmmBoost said:
oh, hey nick... lol... did you guys ever figure it out?

hey kyle and no we didnt fix it its making me mad
we get it running than this lol
anyone have any help on how to fix this prob??