Thank you Supramania community!

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
It's been like 6+ months now and I've never really thanked everyone. I got my 89 NA 4+ years ago now. Originally my father was going to do most the swap but once we got the motor out he had no idea what he was doing. You guys helped me through so much of it, if this forum didn't exist I would not have my turbo Supra I love so much today. Just wanted to say thank you for all your answers, and encouragement (Kind of!). Special thanks to Hvywayman (I think is his name) literally always answering all my posts some reason but it helped a lot. Here's a few youtube videos I made of the first start up and a short pull on it.

Current setup: Refreshed engine head, Gasket/ARP, 3" DPP, 3" exhaust (Mostly, exhaust shop sucked and probably down to 2.5" on some bends), 3" dual out summit racing muffler, summit racing exhaust cutout, RC 550s lex AFM. The rest I can think of is pretty much stock drivetrain ways.

The car now: wUo6JVR.jpgMZKtaj3.jpg7Yj3QAS.jpg

First Startup: [video=youtube;iT93PBdt3mI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT93PBdt3mI[/video] (Didn't have lex 550s/afm then.)

Pull and short drive: [video=youtube;DTDclKrmpTA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTDclKrmpTA&list=UUMAjayFxKk-GpZaM4_4ikOQ[/video] (Sorry for the long lights!)

Future plans, I'm not going to have lots of money soon so it's mostly likely going to stay the same for awhile. Biggest thing is I need to get the rear end from locking up so much, more friction modifier helps a ton I think the oil was just wrong or something originally I'm not sure. It was dry for like a month. A few things in the interior need fixed. Likely going to try a proper plastidip paint over with gloss due to my paint being so bad right now and I'd never be able to afford at 2k+ paint job, plus it looks like something fun to try. Next performance work would definitely have to be tuning in my mind, I'm already hitting 14psi I feel like the turbo isn't stock but I couldn't tell by looking at the compressor wheel. After that I'm not sure, still on a w58 so I shouldn't push more than 400hp out of it. Would have to do the r trans, turbo 57 trim rebuild and boost controller if I ever get the money. :)

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
I haven't really done any looking much but where I live is corvette city. There i sa drag strip, oval course and road course here. Seen a mk3 and mk4 since I moved here but don't know about any meets yet.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
This community is the reason my car has been running strong for 3 years now and making more hp than stock. If it weren't the awesome people on here I wouldn't have been able to replace the head gasket myself and figure out what upgrades to get and how to use and install them, etc. This community is the best I love you all so much.