th350 onto a 1jz

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
Hey everyone, well heres my deal, my R154 is starting to go out on me and basically it needs to be replaced, but Im kinda tired of the 5spd considering I daily driver my car and tend to do a lot while Im driving so a 5spd is too much of a hassle, not to mention the expense of clutch compents when I do a lot of hard driving. So im pretty much set on going to a GM th350 trans, considering I can pick a good one up at my junkyard for $75 and the fact that I do some drag racing so optional tans brake down the road would be nice, so my questions are, where can I find the adapter plate and flex plate thats not going to cost me over $1000 just for those things? Has anyone freeway driven the 3spd tanny?I know they make a overdrive unit but just curious as to where the rpms sit at at freeway speeds. And as far as the mount goes, can i just make the mount, and what can I do about the driveshaft area? if you could let me know it'll be much appreciated, o and this is going onto a 1jz. thanks

-Kevin

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
and one thing, I have a a340 tranny with the torque convertor and flex plate still, can I some how modify them to work with the th350, manly the flexplate?