Testing out Zankoku Coilovers...

Greyscorpion

Feb 5, 2011
Washington
CajunKenny;1796529 said:
Well, I'm pretty sure that as awesome as they are, they're weren't built with snow in mind. :)

She pretty much stays nestled in the garage until the roads are free of gel, salt, and rocks.

Yea over here in western washington we got hammered. There is a big open parking lot where there was a bunch of 240 guys over there doing donuts and snow drifting. It looked like a lot of fun lol but ya with how low you are im sure that it would act more like a snow plow lol

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
everyone talks shit in the scene, and even more when someone gets out of the scene. Which is why I got out of the scene- let the ignorance flow

BTW- keep an eye out for next months Modified Mag ;)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Thanks for stopping in Ace. I don't have a lot of miles on them yet; but, so far...I'm digging the coilovers. And you were right...I didn't need the pillow ball mounts. I'm glad you talked me out of them. For my application, I don't want the ride to be any stiffer.

Got a link to the Mag you're referring to?

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Yeah pillowballs are almost pointless on the MKIII chassis unless is purely a racetrack only car.

CajunKenny;1801337 said:
Got a link to the Mag you're referring to?
your local magazine stand?

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
Can any of you guys tell me how I would adjust the dampening on these coilovers? There is a threaded insert on the top of each coil, but I think that I remove that and then the dampening is adjusted by putting a screwdriver into the hole and rotating, listening/feeling for clicks? Also, if I aim to make the ride softer, does that increase the overall travel or just the dampening time? (would I have to increase ride height if I make the ride softer?)