Test pipes

Fastway135

Nov 7, 2005
Mass
Do they make that much of a difference? They seem like a nice bang for the buck. Currently running a 3" cooleeze catback w/ megan gt muffler. Stock dp and cat.

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
2 things that I do know about the test pipes. I have Trents old Cat Back on my car now with a High Flow Cat. When he had it he took the Cat off and put a Test Pipe, and it made the car quite a bit louder. Also, You will loose bottom end and gain WOT, but if you drive the car alot, you will probably want the bottom end more than the WOT.

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
^^^they go in between your downpipe(exhaust coming from the turbo) and you cat-back. It replaces the catalytic convertor for much better exhaust flow, just a straight though pipe....

Fastway135- you will see a MUCH bigger difference with DP with a ported elbow i.e. BIC, Megan Racing DP then add a ported Elbow, our stock turbo elbows are incredibly restrictive, then if emissions isnt to much of a problem in your area get a test pipe.....

Fastway135

Nov 7, 2005
Mass
I would really like to get a dp but right now since money is tight i'm just gonna stick with a test pipe for now. I have been considering the cooleeze and BIC test pipes. Which one of the two is best?

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
After my downpipe, I have a 3" Straight pipe but it has a Y cut out that I just take the cap off when I race...It free's up A LOT of power...especially top end. And just for the record, porting out the stock elbow made a big difference in WOT and just overall flow.

*edit* I want a divorced downpipe!!!!!!:icon_surp

ross1

Jul 14, 2005
va
i'd say get which ever one is stainless steel and if both are get which one is cheaper since as far as i know a test pipe is a test pipe as long as it's 3" pipe...

but i'd go with what 89 turbo said and just wait a while (saving) and get the downpipe first. since with a dp and exhaust and stock cat ass dyno says you have more power with those two than with stock dp and test pipe combo...

ross

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
yea i personally dont thikn there is much of a point in getting a test pipe when ur running stock downpipe UNLESS your cat is clogged all to shit... save up and get a integrated 3" downpipe (bic, cooleeze, defcon etc) and get a test pipe at the same time. im sure greg (cooleeze) will cut u a deal if u get a downpipe and test pipe all in one go. so thats the route i would go unless your going DDP... then you can get a DDP and test pipe from Randy. itll make a much better gain doing it all in one go.

ross1

Jul 14, 2005
va
no, unless you get the bic ddp which has a separated dump tube for the wastegate, he's got a video on his website... i would recomend any bic dp or a defcon since the elbow is integrated into the dp (all one piece) i have the defcon dp and didn't really notice any louder than the stock one just faster spool. and when i got my exhaust i noticed an increase in top boost pressure, and increased loud.

ross