Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Entropy

No Supra... For now ;)
Apr 10, 2007
Lacey, WA
Did anyone else watch this? If so, what did you all think of it? It was definately alot better than I thought it was going to be, I actually really liked it.... We'll see if it goes downhill in the upcoming episodes, lol.

dulobast25

Jul 14, 2005
San Diego
I always wondered where the "t3 is the best, it wass better than t1 and t2.., t3 rulez" folks came from. Now I know. Being connected to terminator, it sucks, it just doesnt have the acting, the feel, the dialog, the cleanliness, the quality, the feasibility, the attention to detail, the accuracy, the continuity of any of the terminator flicks, even t3. The actress who played sarah conner, she was the exception.

This thing reeks of airwolf season 4, team knight rider, robocop 3...

If a few things were tweaked, more attention to the terminator style, so you could forgive the actors being changed and the timeline altered, it would be ok.

I don't see it lasting that long with the current writing quality. Hopefully the 2nd half will prove otherwise.

As bad as it stinks, the new Bionic Woman is a little better so far.

Entropy

No Supra... For now ;)
Apr 10, 2007
Lacey, WA
I still believe the first 2 movies were the best, and the 3rd one was alright.... However, for a TV show that I was expecting to be terrible, I was pleasantly surprised. No contest between T2 and the show, but it will do.

dulobast25

Jul 14, 2005
San Diego
MkIIIentropy;883785 said:
I still believe the first 2 movies were the best, and the 3rd one was alright.... However, for a TV show that I was expecting to be terrible, I was pleasantly surprised. No contest between T2 and the show, but it will do.

yeah i almost completely agree. except that I was expecting the show to be campy, and it was. I excpected it to recycle lines and scenes from t2, and it did. I expected it to be a show that could be saved by the sarah actress, and it is, for now. i expected the depicton of the t-800 to be ridiculous and overplayed, without being menancing..it was. Prob the best part was the idea to create a weapon and build it in the present. the worst part was the terminator as a sub teacher, saying "class is dismissed". kinda has the "talk to the hand" kinda cheese to it. If they do more editing than adding the show will find its audience..it will be okay.

Entropy

No Supra... For now ;)
Apr 10, 2007
Lacey, WA
^ Yeah, I guess you're right about alot of that..... The show did have alot of rather cheesy parts in it, and most likely tonight's episode will, as well. We'll just see how it goes. If nothing else, it could at least be halfway entertaining until "24" finally starts up again, lol.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
^Thanks for the link, I missed it last night.

I'm almost halfway through and I have to say so far it is "ok".

No one can ever replace Linda Hamilton, Edward Furlong or Arnie... it's just not possible. This version of Sarah is no where near "hard" enough IMO. I don't like the idea of this ugly female Terminator protecting John either.

Tanya;884152 said:

No one can ever replace Linda Hamilton, Edward Furlong or Arnie... it's just not possible. This version of Sarah is no where near "hard" enough IMO. I don't like the idea of this ugly female Terminator protecting John either.

Youre welcome for the link...

and for the record... you are right no one can replace LH, EF or Arnie....

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
Tanya;884152 said:

Pfft... Summer Glau is not ugly... :nono: