TEMS Top Support Configuration. Fronts

IamWedge

May 16, 2010
Minnesota
Hi All.
Went back to work on the car today. I installed the new shocks and springs on the fronts. But noticed something odd. I think the shocks are 180 off. I was pretty sure the connection tabs for the Speed sensors for the ABS connected on the outside of the shock... not the inside. My friend says it doesnt matter. I believe it does.

If someone has some pics of the tops of their shocks with the actuators off I would appreciate some pics. I looked at the TSRM pics arent very good and it doesnt specify which way the flat on the top assembly is facing.
I do believe that you can see the position (the flat) with the actuators on as well.

So could someone confirm?
The top strut assembly... when you look down them at the top. Does the Flat of the "D" shape face outward on both sides?
Id appreciate a pic of each side... if you have the time.
Thanks in advance.

gbell210

May 19, 2005
Silverdale, WA
www.cs.montana.edu
Was there an answer to this question? Getting ready to swap out my whole shock/spring setup and currently my tabs point to the outside of the car, and the flat part of the "D" faces to the center.

Also, are there rubber bushings/bumpers between the top mount and the spring...or the bottom seat and spring.. or is it just spring against metal?
FWIW, I am replacing stock springs and KYB-GR2 shocks with Eibach springs and TEMS shocks (rear are Illuminias and Fronts will be Toyota OEM). The mismatch is because of a nice deal I got on craigslist several years ago for the front shocks.. hopefully they aren't too differently matched.