Temp issues......... NO BHG!!!!!!!!!

bluedragon17

87 NA-T baby!!!
Sep 14, 2006
Vacaville, CA
OK guys so after about 45 minutes or so crusing at 70MPH in %th gear when i get off the freeway my temp goes up to about a quarter way below the first red line. I have no idea what it can be but there are no symptoms of a BHG no waterfall all cylinders have good compression no oil/coolant or coolant/oil miz at all im stumped any help or input would be great thanks all!!!!!!! Also my clutch fan broke 2 fins off about a month or so ago and i had one horrible vibratoin form it if that helps. I have a MHG and ARPs done by a shop with recepits from everything.:1zhelp:

Imagination6788

Oct 6, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Double check your radiator cap, it's a cheap fix and was the source of all my woes when I had trouble like this, like I drove to Savannah from Atlanta (250 miles) and back no trouble, hit down town traffic (1 mile from my house) and the temp gauge peggs and stays in the red. So I floored it in neutral and it fell. Check to make sure you have coolant in the reservoir. Mine kept going empty.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
bluedragon17 said:
OK guys so after about 45 minutes or so crusing at 70MPH in %th gear when i get off the freeway my temp goes up to about a quarter way below the first red line. I have no idea what it can be but there are no symptoms of a BHG no waterfall all cylinders have good compression no oil/coolant or coolant/oil miz at all im stumped any help or input would be great thanks all!!!!!!! Also my clutch fan broke 2 fins off about a month or so ago and i had one horrible vibratoin form it if that helps. I have a MHG and ARPs done by a shop with recepits from everything.:1zhelp:

FIX THAT

If you meant the fins on fan clutch, find out WHY they broke. If that assembly is out of balance it will strain the waterpump's bearings.

Sounds like you need to fix your fan and waterpump. Do you have a fan shroud?

bluedragon17

87 NA-T baby!!!
Sep 14, 2006
Vacaville, CA
yeah sorry i forgot to mention that part fan shroud wore out form the idiot before me tightening the bolts ot hard it fell off and broke the two fins i drove maybe a mile to 2 miles with the fucked up fan i have electric fans now the ford taurus mod i think is what it is hella easy to install and they work alot better IMO

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
suprabad said:
You are here^^^.

If that checks out ok, then there's only a few things it can be:

thermostat, radiator cap, air in system, unseen leak, water pump...

I'm assuming you fixed the fan.:icon_razz

;)

bluedragon17

87 NA-T baby!!!
Sep 14, 2006
Vacaville, CA
ok not good or cool...........................burped the system again for an hour after replacing the t-stat............. so 2 down................fans been fixed the same day this happened actually within the same hour.........3 down........waterpump is my next thought but damn it i dont wanna replace that thing again............and even after all this its still overheating.......compression is completely good across the board without adding any oil to seal the chamber so the rings are fine........im out of ideas with everything on this car.............. and the leak down test kit i did also today no leaks that i can see.............so yeah crap

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
What were the leak down % across the board? Just curious. Also have you performed the combustion gas test as jdub suggested? Another thing to look at is radiator blockage.

bluedragon17

87 NA-T baby!!!
Sep 14, 2006
Vacaville, CA
i did the home test basically with the twin gauge regulator..........my exhaust valves are leaking alittle bit.................dont think i got the right one but meh ill get the proper one and do it tomorrow when i get off work and what gas test????