Team Friendswood MotoRally X 1989 Supra build.

n2odart

Jul 23, 2012
Camby Indiana
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

This is our Team Friendswood MotoRally X car. We had to build a race car for less then $600. This was a 1989 Supra that was hit hard in the passenger door, we paid $300 for it. Then we recycled the cat, battery, and radiator for $90, which made the initial purchase $210. Since then we extensively lightened it, installed race seats, harnesses, window nets, moved the battery, and moved the radiator.
This is a team race car at the SCCA Rally X track in Central Indiana, but it is not an SCCA event. I hope you like it. The first race is an exhibition on Saturday the 1st after the Rally X race. This is a door to door race with 4 cars at a time on the track.

I know the paint job is crazy but we were on a budget.

n2odart

Jul 23, 2012
Camby Indiana
It is a non-turbo. Sold most of the interior along with many other parts to help many Supras to live on.
Don't start crying in my thread about the poor car. It sat in a field for 3 years, left for dead. We resurrected it and gave it the opportunity to play in the dirt for the rest of it's days. This car was totaled long ago from a hard hit to the b-pillar and passenger door. Furthermore, my team loves this car. It's had a tune up and fluid changes, newish snow tires, new brakes, etc. It's also had more miles put on it in the past month then what it had in the past three years.

Last edited:

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Well, I do agree with them, it is sad to see a car that is getting more and more rare as the days go by treated to such a life. BUT, on the side note I am glad to see she was resurrected and will go out hopefully still kicking some ass.

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
personally.. im happy to see the car to come back from the heep and throwing a can of whoop A$$ at all the others!!!! ROCK ON GUYS GOOD LUCK!!!!

doonsuka

May 27, 2011
AZ
Dude that kicks ass. It looks like quite the handfull, keep on going with your bad self!

iruyle

Jul 17, 2012
lawrenceville, ga
If you havent seen the video, it's easy to lament the way the car looks, but watch it and then tell me if you still feel sorry for this car. ;)