Teal supra pictures?

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Trying to decide on a color for a full repaint (bay, jambs and all). I was leaning toward white, black, or titanium... but I think instead I'd like to go with something that will be a little bit flashy without being too bright (like red or yellow would be).

My kid was playing with his matchbox cars and I saw this teal color.... it seems about right. I have seen a few teal supras, but they were darker than this. Anyone have any pictures of a MKIII in a lighter teal?

511864107_2397cf674d_o.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
spoolme;1896922 said:
at work so cant post pics. but i like this teal
You'd like my house then, it's all over the walls. :p

Surprised you aren't getting hounded by people treating teal like it's the sacred cow of Mk3 colors...

spoolme

supra4umsfreak
May 9, 2005
Roswell, NM
my 92 is teal... nobody says much about it. well i havent posted pics of it on here. its in BAD shape. sat under a pine tree for 7 years. but the sides are good. lol

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
That genesis and fit are darker than I'd like, I like the bright teal, even brighter than the factory supra teal.

I'm not set on the teal color for sure. It's top on the list right now though. I've also been considering a mettalic root beer brown (slight purple blue tinted brown). There's an Evo painted that color in the new issue of super street. I've seen one brown metallic supra, and it looked good. It's my desktop image on my other computer actually.

I have another month or so to decide, I'm planning on painting it in January or February. Also planning to pull the pin on the VVTi swap then too, so I can paint the bay while the motor is out. I just need to sell my existing non-vvti 1JZ and decide on 1JZ or 2JZ for the new VVTi motor.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
destrux;1898611 said:
I have another month or so to decide, I'm planning on painting it in January or February. Also planning to pull the pin on the VVTi swap then too, so I can paint the bay while the motor is out. I just need to sell my existing non-vvti 1JZ and decide on 1JZ or 2JZ for the new VVTi motor.
Brown looks pretty good on our cars, particularly with metallic paint.

As for the 1j/2j vvti debate, if I were doing it again, I'd have went 2j, much as I love my 1j, if I were building another DD car with balls, vvti 2j all the way. Mostly for the extra torque, since I don't often rev the piss out of my dd. Once in a while, but the 2j likes to rev enough, and is more useful in the lower power band, where you'd use it on a daily basis. :)