Teal 92 Project

ttankers

Dec 12, 2011
Branson, MO
Hey guys,

A little bit about me! My name is Taylor. I'm a sophomore mechanical engineering student at Arkansas WOO PIG. After I get my bachelor's in MEEG I hope to do a two year master's program in automotive engineering, not sure where I want to go yet or if it's financially feasible at the moment but we'll keep fingers crossed! First car was a $1000 '98 Ford Contour, then reluctantly got a truck as a HS grad gift, but my current DD is a '98 Accord.

I don't recall when the Supra bug bit me, but I went through my dream phases of various other cars just like the rest of us. Something about the MK3 though stood out to me (not the price LOL). After a great deal of impatience got the best of me, I jumped on this 1992 Teal Turbo.

p1896444_1.jpg
p1896444_2.jpg

p1896444_3.jpg

p1896444_4.jpg

p1896444_5.jpg

p1896444_6.jpg

Bought with a rod knock from a kid who had it for a little over a year, his first car. Leather is in half-ass decent shape minus wear in the typical high traffic areas, possibly a couple holes in rear seats covered with tape. Paint is also fair, has a couple faded spots on the rear bumper and sunroof, and there are random dings/nicks in the paint as well as some cracked bondo on passenger door.

Before trailering it home 7 hours I had not witnessed a cold start and was terrified by a couple seconds of an ungodly clacking from the engine followed by an eerily smooth and quiet idle (my guess is also main bearing). Anyway, plans for the car are to remain cosmetically completely stock after repairing the bondo crack, hoping to pull the block for a stock rebuild with upgraded oiling system and fastening hardware, debating on MHG.

There's my story, hope you guys like my new ride and I'm looking forward to finally contributing to the forum!

Last edited:

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Welcome to the forums my teal brother. Fix her up nice and 7ms can be a great motor if built right. Just read up and do your research.

ttankers

Dec 12, 2011
Branson, MO
I've oogled over your car since I joined this forum, thanks it means a lot! I told my friend I've been reading more on this site in the last few months than I have from any books in the last several years, but the only way to figure out if I've learned anything is to tear into it I guess.

87supramario

Jul 15, 2011
Niagara falls
That car looks great! A shit ton better then what I started off with. I have been thinking about repainting my car but in teal. You did a great job picking your first Supra. :D

ttankers

Dec 12, 2011
Branson, MO
^Awesome! I go back home to Branson (where the car is) during the summer and I'll be there for the month-long break coming up but yeah I'm here the rest of the time. I've seen a couple of other supras around town. Actually saw one yesterday in Fay I really liked, red with a black bomex whaletail, not sure if you're familiar with anyone with supras down here.

ttankers

Dec 12, 2011
Branson, MO
I'll be sure to let you know, I should have a fair idea of anything I'm gonna need within the next couple weeks. Can't wait for finals to be over so I can get home and finally tear into it!