tax return...

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
ok now that im bout to get my tax return im looking into tuning my supra... what would be the best route to go. i have a 1jz bone stock engine. i have a single 57 trim turbo kit from driftmotion. and 4 inch exhaust. thats bout it.... i will appreciate the feedback.

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
the chassis is good, i mean its a targa top and bone stock... my brakes are pretty much stock but i am goign to upgrade as well. and cooling system i have a 2jz clutch fan and water pump with a koyo radiator, just did flush and thermostat. i just wanna get this thing finally tune, been running the car like this for four years no issues at all... 4 inch pipe cuz it came in a rolling shell and decided to installed in mine.

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
If it was me I would get a sfac of some type. And bigger injectors.. maybe 440s or 550s. . That will give you room to make power.. but you better start saving for a clutch

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
i have a clutch for it act stage 2. only thing i have for suspension is d2 coilovers... i need new rotors and maybe a caliper. i just noticed that my rear passenger rotor and all scratch up, i think the caliper is sticking. it makes a nasty humming sound when i drive. maybe i need to do a brake oil flush... ugh whenever i get extra cash other things come up!

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
Yep. But those are things that will screw you. I had to stop driving my car for months because it had a dragging caliper and worn pads. Then i had to add a quart every time i drove it cause of a leaky hose.

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
i think the hardware and damn pins have no lube at all, ima take it apart tomorrow morning hope thats what it is... if so i can spend my money in buying a standalone. i just dunno which is good for the price.

MadRPM

Nov 9, 2012
Tampa
If I were you, I'd revise each system completely (brakes, suspension, cooling, drivetrain...) to see what needs to replaced or repairs before upgrades. You know about your calipers already so try to prevent a future breakdown