Tapping for VPC temp probe

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Can I mount it in the throttle body? The manual states to install the probe in the intake manifold, but not after the cold start injector. I'm afraid the probe will get saturated where ever I install it in the manifold due to the position of the CSI.

The manual says that the probe can be installed in the throttle body, but preferably in the manifold. I just want to know what the logic behind this is. Maybe less chance of heat saturation?

Also, do I have to source a bung for the temp probe or can a tap directly into the tb for the size of the probe and screw it in? Again, I figure that there must be a reason for the bung Maybe to separate the probe from the temp of the surface it's mounted to? The manual does say to wrap the probe threads in teflon before installation. But that could just be to keep it air tight.

Thanks for any help :)

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
Where are you getting that It's supposed to be in the intake manifold? It's supposed to be in the I/C pipes before the TB according to the manual.. Only the MAP sensor should be connected to the manifold..

vpc_sup_1.gif

Also, you didn't get a 'bung' with your temp sensor? Mine had one, I tapped & silicone'd it into the I/C pipe before my TB.

Good luck man.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
whitemike;1600050 said:
Where are you getting that It's supposed to be in the intake manifold?.

From the VPC manual:

vpc_1.gif

whitemike;1600050 said:
Also, you didn't get a 'bung' with your temp sensor?

Bought mine used from a member long ago. So non no bung :(

Can I still source the bung from any online vendors?

Good luck man

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
MarkIII4Me;1600301 said:
I don't get it. Did you drill out the bolt and tap the center for the temp probe?
no. i went to the hardware store and found a bolt that the temp sensor screwed into properly. then i used that bolt as sort of a bung. i drilled a hole in my ic piping and just tacked it a bunch of times.. checked for leaks.. and it was good lol.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
No kidding. I didn't know hardware stores carry bolts with NPT threads in the center. Any idea where I can source a bolt like that?