Tanabe Medallion Owners, some advice please

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I am planning on buying a cat back exhaust in the next couple of weeks or so and at first I wanted the Tanabe Touring Medallion but then I saw the Hyper Medallion and fell in love but I have no idea where to get one I can only find the Touring Medallion. Also I would need to buy a catalytic converter as well right, any recommendations? I want to be able to pass emissions as well.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Hyper medallion has been discontinued for some time, now. The Touring is its replacement. They are essentially the same (slight changes, but nothing over-the-top)

As for catalytic converters, I have no idea, sorry!

awsom-0

May 8, 2005
Dallas, Tx
Doat;1970854 said:
I am planning on buying a cat back exhaust in the next couple of weeks or so and at first I wanted the Tanabe Touring Medallion but then I saw the Hyper Medallion and fell in love but I have no idea where to get one I can only find the Touring Medallion. Also I would need to buy a catalytic converter as well right, any recommendations? I want to be able to pass emissions as well.

Back when I ran a cat, I had a 3" catco cat on there. If I didn't have the car sit for awhile, it'd pass on the ASM test. I'm sure they're some hi flow cats out there but that was what I found at a muffler shop.

awsom-0

May 8, 2005
Dallas, Tx
What kind of mods do you have? I was stock aside from full exhaust and air filter.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Lexus AFM, 550CC injectors, and an ebay Justspeed 3in divorced open wastegate down pipe. I've heard good things about that down pipe on both supra forums and I've been happy with it.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I have the hyper medallion. I love it, but I don't like loud. At many owner's meets, I'll have the quietest car there. Even though it's quiet, it has a very nice deep sound, but does not drone at all.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I am not looking for something loud I am practically running open down pipe since it's not fully attached to my stock exhaust and it's really loud but I do love it sometimes. What about the cat on DM? Seems like the exact one I need it's for V8s and is 3in high flow.