tanabe HM resonator

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
Ok I love my tanabe exhaust however it is far too quite for me. I was thinking to mabye just cut out the resonator on it(its farly large on the exhaust). This would make it louder correct?? but I don't want it too sound all raspy or drone or anything I just want it slightly more louder.....

Techinally i can just cut it out and weld in a new pipe right?

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
s383mmber1;966670 said:
IMO opinion if you want a louder exhaust, sell it and buy a new one.

I wouldnt hack up a tanabe exhaust

+1. A lot of people are lookin for a quieter exhaust. If yours is still in pretty good condition, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to sell it for about the same price that you bought it.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Have you let someone else drive your car, where you can hear the exhaust under boost going by you or away from you? You might change your mind! The Tanabe sound great from the outside under boost, but is pretty quiet inside the car. Whatever you decide, I too wouldn't cut up a perfectly good exhaust like that. Just buy a louder one like the Blitz!

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
yah thats what I was thinking I didn't want to hack it up. however it already has been slightly hacked up the end piece had a pipe inserted to extended it for the fact that I had no test pipe/cat.

I wonder how much I could get for it?? Its still very new but I over payed for it. I payed 750 buxs for it.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
He might have bought the Tanabe Medallion Touring, which is around 100 more bucks than the Tanabe Super Hyper Medallion. That 750 might have included shipping, but yeah, 750 IS a lot.

If you wanted a louder exhaust, why would you go with Tanabe? Most of Tanabes exhausts are meant to be quiet. Don't hack up the Tanabe, just buy a new one.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
you could just throw some exhaust clamps where the resonator was, or even flange it, so that way you can change it back to how it was if you want.

i want a loud exhaust, all im doing is a 24'' 3''in/out resonator that i bought for my last car, and then it'll be straight piping out the back with a free turn-down tip i got from my girlfriends dad... and then when i have the money i'll get a blitz exhaust. or an ets 3.5'' system...

IMO, I would't hack up a Tanabe even it it was already modified. Sell it and get a replacement. I'm guessing the $750 was CND a few years ago... the exchange was a killer and I'm glad I waited... I got mine for just under $500 this winter now that the dollars are par.