87rear.jpg

to this

jza70eng2.jpg

Just a truck swap or what

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
Lol truck swap....?!? Buy the 89+ tails and install them....then it will look like the second picture...

EDIT: or are you talkin about making your plate holder euro style??

D

drumminforev

Ha i didnt know it was that easy. How do they bolt on...do i have the drill the trunk or are they just free in the center part.

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
drumminforev said:
Ha i didnt know it was that easy. How do they bolt on...do i have the drill the trunk or are they just free in the center part.
Umm good question...I'll let someone who knows that answer, answer it for ya, but I think you may have to drill some holes, but thats no biggie....

D

drumminforev

And yea what else would be neccessary for the euro style

drbowser3

The Doc is in...
Jan 17, 2006
Tampa,FL
Straight bolt on, only you may need to grind off two studs from the 89+ center piece, or drill 2 holes in the body. 6 bolts hold on each side piece, and i belive 5 or 6 hold the center piece. I did it on my 87'.

00Si87Supra

Aug 4, 2006
Lafayette Louisiana
the center piece is the only tricky part, and it's pretty easy though. I had to drill 4 holes and the two for the lock were the trickest because you couldn't hardly see the stud when marking for the holes.

If you'd like some, I'm yanking my JZA70 taillights and 2.5 mouldings off tomorrow, PM me if you want them. Nothing wrong with them, just selling my Supra.