Tachometer trouble!

myastzo

Hobo restorer
Jun 6, 2011
Moscow
Hi! Have a weird problem. My tacho was working fine. One day it stopped working, BUT, it starts to work again after around 40 minutes of driving...:nono:
Dont have a clue about that. Please help me if you had similar problem...

P.S. Does anybody know the part number of the water temperature sensor? Cant find it in TSRM...

myastzo

Hobo restorer
Jun 6, 2011
Moscow
And... I'm confused. I don't have a turbo gauge. At all... I saw some pics of turbo gauge instead of voltmeter, is it standart, or custom stuff??? How can I do something similar?.. Thanks!

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
the turbo and non turbo have different clusters. the non turbo has a volt gauge where the boost would be on the turbo. as for why its working and not, i have had the same problem and never did figure it out. it started working again and hasnt stoped again.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
The NA tach won't work, unless you change out the driver board. If you do that, it will work.

I have an NA cluster, because I like the volt gauge rather than the boost gauge that doesn't work for anything above stock boost levels anyway. I swapped out the tach drive board, though my tach is inaccurate.

Intermittant failures like you describe are almost always wiring issues. Somewhere you're not getting a good electrical contact for the signal to the tach. You'll have to diagnose the wiring.

Eman14j

O help me, Oprah Winfrey!
Nov 7, 2008
Prescott Valley, AZ
what if you get a AEM EMS and run a different ignitor/coils. I'm running LQ9 coils with built in ignitors for each one, I noticed that my stock tach worked off my old ingitor wiring in a diagram I had seen. So is there a way to wire up my tach to the AEM EMS or how do I get my stock tachometer to work?