Tacho doesn't work

hockysa

Hey guys,

Just did a 1JZ swap on my car.

cars running and boosting fine but the tacho doesnt work. heater doesnt work either but I'll get to that later.

I've got a 1986.5 MA70 converted to 1JZ. The body loom is the 1986.5 loom with the plugs changed.

all gauges work except the tacho.

someone told me there's a thread on this site but I cant seem to find it

can anyone help?

martin p

1JZ-GTE powered Supra.
Feb 5, 2006
East coast. UK
Was the old tacho from an N/a? If so it need's the resistors changing, As they the tacho's are slightly different or fit a Tacho from a Turbo car.

hockysa

martin p;1399930 said:
Was the old tacho from an N/a? If so it need's the resistors changing, As they the tacho's are slightly different or fit a Tacho from a Turbo car.

yeah it was. what resistors do i need to change?

I dont want to swap the tacho's as the one from the other car had an auto tacho

hockysa

There should be another option.

Just took the dash out of the car that originally had the 1JZ (Also a conversion)

It had an auto tacho and one wire has been cut and joined. I can't tell what was originally there.

But it would seem that there should be a quick fix

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
hockysa;1399837 said:
Hey guys,

Just did a 1JZ swap on my car.

cars running and boosting fine but the tacho doesnt work. heater doesnt work either but I'll get to that later.

I've got a 1986.5 MA70 converted to 1JZ. The body loom is the 1986.5 loom with the plugs changed.

all gauges work except the tacho.

someone told me there's a thread on this site but I cant seem to find it

can anyone help?

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79191&highlight=tach+users

You should check out the other engine tech section.

Three sections below this one and it's for this kind of thing.

iskrem

Oct 1, 2008
Norway, Gardermoen
I am having similar problem with my turbo tachometer. I guess this applies for it aswell?

My tacho shows idle at 500 RPM but when I rev it shows 1200 RPM while it sounds like its hitting rev limit. :p This is 1JZ soarer to MA70 89.