tach

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
ok so my tach doesnt work i been reading. it seems like the ge tachs dont work on gte swap is this the same issue im running into on my jz swap if so what do i need to do to fix this ? it sucks driving a fresh swap no tach

jvamps

Sep 8, 2009
mesa
are you using the 7m harness or 2j? I'm still farily new at supras but maybe theres a few pinouts on that harness that'll vary.

...just a thought at least. I'm just about to do the swap myself, just haven't worried about electrical just yet

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
im using the 1jz harness

if you need any info about swaping a 1jz i have aton of it the swap is a pin but omg. i dont know how the car drives with a 7m as i bought it none running but with a stock 1jz it runs like a raped ape

jvamps

Sep 8, 2009
mesa
lol good analogy. and I know, I'm not a 7m fan. Bought my first supra and a month later I had rod knock.

I'm actually goig 2j though. found a pretty cheap motor so decided to stick with it. I'm using 7m electronics for now. so everythings fairly easy.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
ya i owuld have went 2jz but umm 6000 without tranny is a lil much for me right now lol .. ok anyone know how to fix the tach. or what wire to do an aftermarket tach to but i really dont want a aftermarket tach. looks to rice

zokustyle

Feb 11, 2008
Blaine, WA
was the original engine a GE or GTE?

if it was GE, you have to cut a resister and solder in a wire in place of it.

If it was GTE, check your wiring.

zokustyle

Feb 11, 2008
Blaine, WA
It's on the back of your tach:

index.php