2wmezvc.jpg

COMMENTS........... :)

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Not too shabby. I never understood the vents on the intake side of things though... getting heat out of the exhaust side of things makes total sense, but does the intake retain enough heat to need ventilation like that?

Not criticizing the work, just questioning the design intents, you know? :)

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
te72;1713165 said:
Not too shabby. I never understood the vents on the intake side of things though... getting heat out of the exhaust side of things makes total sense, but does the intake retain enough heat to need ventilation like that?

Not my design....I'm just replicating the Top Secret hood design :)

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
te72;1713165 said:

i think its more that it might look goofy with it on just one side.. but if there is extra heat that builds up on the intake side atleast it can escape.

I want one lol great job so far T701jz

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
te72;1713165 said:

If I have to guess, why not cool the final product? Other wise i don't really know either.

Good job on the hood tho :D

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Definitely looking good man, I'm excited to see it on the car. :)

Some things flow better on certain cars than others, will be good to see if this style works for the Mk3 as well as the Mk4 and FD...

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
GOOD NEWS GUYS...WE FOUND A SPONSOR TO MOLD THE HOOD!!

I will need everyone who is interested to make a $25.00 deposits. This money will help me out to have the body-shop finish all the details to have it ready for the mold. The $25.00 will be subtracted towards your final payment. The company wants $600.00 for CF-hood but if we get more people to participate I'm sure the price will go down. For fiber glass should be much cheaper. Remind you that I have already spent a lot of money just for the welder. I would appreciate a little help :( .

Group Buy Interest:
http://socalsupras.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=37

PayPal:
carandangjl@aol.com

Last edited:

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
What would shipping be like to Toronto Canada? Secondly, when would the rest of the money be due approx? And when would the hoods be made approx?
eric

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
Stretch;1723774 said:
What would shipping be like to Toronto Canada? Secondly, when would the rest of the money be due approx? And when would the hoods be made approx?
eric

Hi Eric,
We are still working out a deal for at least 10 people. The 600 is only for one CF hood. I'm sure we can get an answer with in this week or the following week from the company. Once I get an answer from them I will send the hood to the body shop, then I will need everyone’s deposit ASAP. I can have the hood finalize from the body shop with in a week. Once the first mold is made and fitted correctly (1-2 weeks) Then, I will inform everyone to send the rest of the payment. I’ll get the shipping info from them also.

when would the hoods be made approx?
4-6 weeks for all.
P.S.... all questions are being forward to the company.

Noel

Last edited: