symptoms of failing tps?

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Thread moved. While this is engine related, it is not 7M-GE specific, nor does it relate to technical discussion for that engine. You'll likely get more answers if you post threads like this in the general forum. That way people who don't check the 7M-GE forum will also answer your question.

Jeff

91supran/a

Offical BAMF!
Dec 10, 2007
Sterling, Virginia, United States
well while were on this topic do you think these problems are tps related?
1. when you fire it off when its cold it cranks cranks cranks and then fires but it feels like its missing and the car shakes than all of sudden like 3-5 sec later it evens out.
2. if your at a light and you kinda smack the gas and let off it kinda wants to stall.
3. its an 89 auto and if you hold it to the floor with ECT in the on position it shifts at 5k redline is 6.5k
4. it idles at about 1000rpm's

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
lewis15498;1453859 said:
True, but it is also not the primary fuction of the TPS. TPS often only have 3 pins; power, ground and signal.
I just switched my t.p.s to another one i had in my toolbox and followed the directions PER t.s.r.m.Before switching them i would be driving on the highway and every time i let off on the gas pedal it was like a parachute would fly out and pull me back.Thats how strong my hesitation would feel like again when taking my foot off the gas pedal.