swap

TTsupra

Nov 11, 2009
california
i got a 90 supra shell i bought it like that. i got a 2jzge im bout to converted into a turbo. does the 2jzge has the same dimensions as the gte? i have to use 1jz bellhousing and the r154 tranny wit the driveshaft? that means i dont have to pound the firewall rite cuz im installing a single turbo. i still got to mate the 7m n 2jz harness or its different becouse my 2jz is not turbo:1zhelp

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
How many times are you going to ask the same question? I'm sorry, not trying to be rude.

This info has already been posted for you in one of your other threads.

TTsupra

Nov 11, 2009
california
bmoss85;1470979 said:
How many times are you going to ask the same question? I'm sorry, not trying to be rude.

This info has already been posted for you in one of your other threads.

my bad bro its just kinda hard to understand all cuz im so new at. is hard for me i need like step by step instructions my bad bra i just heard 2jz is one of the best engines for a supra so i already had a supra but just stock so i got the engine for 100 bucks so i tho it was a good deal now im kinda stuck :aigo:

aznboik1mva

Aug 20, 2009
Manchester,Ct
TTsupra;1470989 said:
my bad bro its just kinda hard to understand all cuz im so new at. is hard for me i need like step by step instructions my bad bra i just heard 2jz is one of the best engines for a supra so i already had a supra but just stock so i got the engine for 100 bucks so i tho it was a good deal now im kinda stuck :aigo:

dude im 15 and understand these write ups.. start out with checking that motor for any damages first. then make sure you have all the parts that these write up says to get ur 2j running. get a 1jz bellhousing and flywheel(2j bellhousing for w58). make sure u hav correct mounts and electronics..personlly i would jus use the 2jge for now and get it running brand new(headgasket, electronics ect..) then do the single turbo swap...bout the ecu go use the search button and it should come up..the only thing that ik that you will have to do is wire up a fuel pump computer w/ the 7m/2j wiring

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
TTsupra;1467444 said:
i got a 90 supra shell i bought it like that. i got a 2jzge im bout to converted into a turbo. does the 2jzge has the same dimensions as the gte? i have to use 1jz bellhousing and the r154 tranny wit the driveshaft? that means i dont have to pound the firewall rite cuz im installing a single turbo. i still got to mate the 7m n 2jz harness or its different becouse my 2jz is not turbo:1zhelp

do some reading Jr, info is all here.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
heres a thought, your in CA, you have a mk3 shell and a 2jzge. get 2j as it is right now in the car and have it smogged. then once all thats solid then boost it.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
If you don't even want to do the least bit of studying up...don't even try to turn a wrench to do a 2jz swap, you will fail.

Other than that, welcome. GL, read up. Every ounce of info is here at your disposal. Hell most of it is stickied so very little searching is required.