Swap questions!

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Well, while I consider myself decently knowledgeable with Supras, I have never dealt with an automatic shell. So I do have a few connectors that I don't know what they connect to. Here are the pictures.

First off, three cut wires by the fuse box.

p1920194_1.jpg

They change from all black to these colors.

p1920194_2.jpg

And then a 2 pin connector below the fuse box. I started feeling woozy from the CO from the propane heater I use to heat my garage, and this is the picture I got.

p1920194_3.jpg

These are on the passenger side wheel well. No idea what they are for and have never seen them before.

p1920194_4.jpg

Under that there is a 2 pin connector that I also have never seen before.

p1920194_5.jpg

Also, around the body plugs there is a rectangular white plug. I checked my harness and there isn't a plug to fit it. What's it for?

Sent from my terrible HTC Rezound using Tapatalk. Don't buy HTC without rooting

mark1987supra

work in progress
May 26, 2008
Des Moines
Backlash2032;1920194 said:
These are on the passenger side wheel well. No idea what they are for and have never seen them before.

p1920505_1.jpg

Under that there is a 2 pin connector that I also have never seen before.

p1920505_2.jpg

Also, around the body plugs there is a rectangular white plug. I checked my harness and there isn't a plug to fit it. What's it for?

Sent from my terrible HTC Rezound using Tapatalk. Don't buy HTC without rooting

Well in the top pic It looks like the upper right connector goes into a pressure switch attached to the metal line. the lower left connector looks like it goes to the relay in the upper right corner.

In the lower pic that white connector is normally an ABS sensor connector. There should be a 2 wire connector that comes out of the wheel well to the right of that connector through a 1" hole.

That is all I can think of.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
No, its like a relay or something. Its not attached to the A/C line.

And that actually makes a lot of sense.. thinking about it.. there's no extra connectors on the engine harness for the front speed sensors.. so that would explain the two two pin connectors on each side..

So that just leaves the relay looking thing and the 3 wires.. I think the three wires go to the alternator.. I also found a 6 pin connector under the fusebox.. maybe something for the slushbox? I didn't snap pictures.. its not the body harness plug though.

Sent from my terrible HTC Rezound using Tapatalk. Don't buy HTC...

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Okay, for some reason I didn't think the TEWD was for an 89. So that must be the no. 3 fan relay.

Now, I checked the alternator wiring, and two of the wires match with the wiring shown in the no.1 and no.2 pictures., however, the third wire going to the alternator connector is a white wire according to the TEWD, and the third wire I have is brown with a red ring. I also don't have the black wire that goes to the post on the alternator, but I can wire that in.

So, what do you guys think? Just a 1989 wiring quirk?

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Well, the colors on my camera changed the color of the wire.. The third wire on the alternator that didn't match.. well.. Matches the TEWD perfectly. So doh!

Thanks for the help guys!