Suspension

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
I've got Tokico ' s and eibachs on mine and I like the feel of it the eibach's don't slam the car but they do give it a good stance imo.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Once the struts and springs are installed, get a quality alignment. The adjustments may be seized, but if the car has always been in Cali, you may luck out. Make sure the shop that does the alignment is the best shop you can find. A meh alignment and a great alignment can make a huge difference.

Melee_Falcon

Dec 3, 2013
Southern California
_Darth_vaider_;2040535 said:
Anyone used Monroe struts?

I had Monroe before it's absolutely crap! Please learn from my mistake and never get them, especially if you plan to try them on lowering springs. Trust me, I had the plan to save some money by getting some cheap shocks too but it's not worth it, I ended up upgrading to a coilover set since my ride height was also not what I wanted.

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
That link from dmp316 is for the Tokico blues, which do not include TEMS.

If you can miraculously find the Illumina IIs, get them! Pair with the Eibach and add some ST Anti-sway bars.

That's the exact setup I went with and it's very nice.

Here is my thread with quite a bit of info on the status of these shocks:
Anyone know how to get ahold of Tokico Illumina II TEMS shocks?

Here's some brand new pics of my Supra with the full suspension setup.

You can see the height is really appropriate all around.

Rides smooth yet solid. Firm and sporty but not overly harsh.

View attachment 75503 View attachment 75504 View attachment 75505 View attachment 75506

_Darth_vaider_

Aug 27, 2014
California
I got the Monroe struts because both struts on the left were totally blown out. Literally it was just freefloating when I pulled them out. So I'll get the tokicos and ebach in about a month or two.

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
Tanabe springs ride higher than eibachs. When I had eibachs and bilsteins installed with the highest perch setting I couldn't get over a 2 inch lip in a driveway without scraping. I went back the next day to put the stock springs on and they had allready scrapped them. I installed coil spring spacers in the eibachs to make them bearable till the tanabes arrived.

thesupragod

Supramania Contributor
Apr 10, 2005
Mount Vernon, Ohio
NO, but im glad you started a thread about it.

I am in full agreement with the tokico and eibach setup. I have illumina II's on both of my mk3's and love the setup.

dmp316

Yard Man
Jan 25, 2011
Cape Coral,FL and Jamaica
VegaSupra;2040564 said:
That link from dmp316 is for the Tokico blues, which do not include TEMS.

If you can miraculously find the Illumina IIs, get them! Pair with the Eibach and add some ST Anti-sway bars.

That's the exact setup I went with and it's very nice.

Here is my thread with quite a bit of info on the status of these shocks:
Anyone know how to get ahold of Tokico Illumina II TEMS shocks?

Here's some brand new pics of my Supra with the full suspension setup.

You can see the height is really appropriate all around.

Rides smooth yet solid. Firm and sporty but not overly harsh.

View attachment 75503 View attachment 75504 View attachment 75505 View attachment 75506

I thought there was an option on that link to add Illumina IIs

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
dmp316;2041061 said:
I thought there was an option on that link to add Illumina IIs

Well, yes technically but it states right underneath that they are on national back order at this time, so you can't buy them yet through that link.

However, it also gives an ETA of March 15, 2015, so it might be a good idea to check the link again soon.

rhs

Sep 21, 2014
Dallas
Don't want to start a new thread since it's very relevant. Driftmotion told me tokico is likely discontinuing all the mk3 supra shocks. So that leaves Koni yellows?

But the price of Koni yellows and springs (eyeing the B&G for even 1.5" drop) is approaching coilover price. Is it better to bite the bullet and go with some PBM coilovers?

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
rhs;2041118 said:
Don't want to start a new thread since it's very relevant. Driftmotion told me tokico is likely discontinuing all the mk3 supra shocks. So that leaves Koni yellows?

But the price of Koni yellows and springs (eyeing the B&G for even 1.5" drop) is approaching coilover price. Is it better to bite the bullet and go with some PBM coilovers?

Tokico is on back order...Supra Sport said they will be getting some...just dont know when. Maybe thats their last run...who knows.

I would say go coilovers if you are already in the price range...wish I had