suspension

suprahflyg

Prodution N's MA70!
Mar 6, 2013
California
Hey guys im wondering what kinda full coilovers or something would be good for mkIII thats not too expensive could anyone help?

Nougie

Nov 5, 2012
CA
It depends on how your car is going to be driven. Is it a daily driver? Track car? Etc.... From what ive seen, the lowest youll be paying for a new set of coilovers would be around $700-800 shipped to your door. A used set may run you around ~$450-600 depending on the quality/brand. If its just a daily driver, i find no use for it to have coilovers unless you like to be really low. Best of luck finding your set of suspention!

mikejza70

Nov 3, 2012
mn
Im riding on Megan Track coilys, couldnt be happier. My buddy got the streets and they are half as good as the tracks. (ride height, dampening, spring rate, etc)

suprahflyg

Prodution N's MA70!
Mar 6, 2013
California
alright thanks.
And do you guys know any good headers for a 7mge or gte im not sure if it was swapped to a gte just without the turbo cuz i got all the harnesses for the gte and everything and my dad said the guy he bought the engine from said it was a gte but he took the turbo off

suprahflyg

Prodution N's MA70!
Mar 6, 2013
California
alright thanks.
And do you guys know any good headers for a 7mge or gte im not sure if it was swapped to a gte just without the turbo cuz i got all the harnesses for the gte and everything and my dad said the guy he bought the engine from said it was a gte but he took the turbo off

Nougie

Nov 5, 2012
CA
If u really want coilovers and ur on a budget, id say ur best bet would be the megan ones. Ive heard really good reviews about them all around. And besides, thats probably the cheapest ones youll find for brand new. Just dnt get godspeeds. A local member got em and they pretty much took a shit REAL quick. I only ride on kyb struts and eibach pro kit and im happy with the ride quality for the price. Just wish i can go lower lol.

Supra NA-T

Total Annihilation
Nov 7, 2010
Leesville,La
if ur on a budget get the Megan EZ Streets. Heard they were really good. THMotorsports are having a sale on their STANCE Super Street coils which I just bought. As for header i know paceheader makes one for the 7M-GE but it isn't a direct fit. There will be some griding and banging to get it in place IIRC.

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
have you considered simply going to lowering springs? my h&r race springs put a 1 finger gap in the front with my 16" mk4 n/a wheels. if you have tems you can go with tokico illumina and keep the system. its not quite coilover stiffness but on the firm setting im sure its close. on the soft setting its prob a little firm for most people but its perfect for what i want.

i did all the bushings over to energy poly's, and driftmotion's rear subframe spacers and now the thing is glued like its on rails.

Was thinking coilovers for my oldcrappy but since a good (D2, Megan racing, BC Racing, CX RAcing etc... are not good. Just my opinion no pease to anyones nose:biglaugh:) coilover setup is quite expensive (1500.......3500$) here in the north. Tein Flex would have been my no. 1 coilover choice but since I have Eibach lowering springs installed on oldcrappy I decided to stay on them and get proper shocks for their pair. Also I dont need to get any lower than the Eibach springs. I want to drive to my summer cottage.

So now I have Eibach springs and Koni Sport shocks. Koni Sport shocks are adjustable and in my opinion much more reliable than a cheap coilover set.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
i've heard the megans are the same as apex-i's not sure how valid that claim is... I'm about to throw some rs*r springs + bilstein shocks on my car... I have a feeling it'll be the perfect height (for me at least) :x:

Supra NA-T

Total Annihilation
Nov 7, 2010
Leesville,La
megans ez streets are budget coilovers but good reviews. THMotorsports is having a sale on STANCE Super Street coilovers. Head over to the vendor section and check it out.