Suspension Setups

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
im looking at this setup. Driftmotion rear traction, rear toe kit. ST sway bars. Driftmotion rear and front sway bar links. ES control arm bushings. And Cusco carbon rear strut. Still deciding on coils, any suggestions?

Supra_dan

Aug 14, 2011
north carolina
xzeror;1784623 said:
Strut bars don't do anything for our cars..

Citation needed please.

lol, but for real, do you have proof they don't?

Also, i would like to know if anyone has proof that they do as well (if they do of course)

I remember watching a Cusco video showing the difference in chassis flex with/without a strut tower bar.

Curious.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Supra_dan;1784649 said:
lol, but for real, do you have proof they don't?
Curious.

Theres no point to them. In a MacPherson strut design, all the side to side force that would be going to the upper control arm (attached to the subframe of course) is going to the upper strut mount, causing it to flex. Hence the strut bar.

In a double wishbone design, all the side to side force that would be going to the upper strut mount is going to the upper control arm.

images.jpg

So, since there is no side to side forces on the shock tower, why put on something that ties the shock towers together, preventing side to side movement?

Supra_dan

Aug 14, 2011
north carolina
Backlash2032;1784720 said:
Theres no point to them. In a MacPherson strut design, all the side to side force that would be going to the upper control arm (attached to the subframe of course) is going to the upper strut mount, causing it to flex. Hence the strut bar.

In a double wishbone design, all the side to side force that would be going to the upper strut mount is going to the upper control arm.

View attachment 54112

So, since there is no side to side forces on the shock tower, why put on something that ties the shock towers together, preventing side to side movement?

Well i'll be damned, thank you very much for showing/telling me that, i now feel confident in not having to buy one lol

Last edited:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Sure. Should replace all the bushings you can while in there tho. The poly bushing will make the ride slightly stiffer tho.

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
dude, sell your damn car to someone who knows something about cars, or even how the internet works. or better yet, give someone all the money you are willing to spend on your car and let THEM buy the parts, and probably put them on for you too, considering you cant take the head off of your 7m even with all the help on this site and others(never did tell us what was keeping it on there). you getting any new parts = new threads on here of "looky what i got" and "how do i put this on?"

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
really douche i havent said anything about hey look at my new parts how do i put it on. maybe you should learn to READ. You have twice the number of post, i wonder how many times you were bitching about a part. And for your info dickbag im getting opinion's on parts. And it seems like your a fucking creeper bc you always have something to say

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
Chillax guys. No need for this bullshit. Lax there are a few threads on here about suspension set ups, and what are best for certain types of situations. Just have to search bud.

Barkz chill man, no need to come into another thread and clutter it up. Lets get the thread back on topic.

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
that honda race strips that i lost too?... english muthafucka, do you speak it? lol youll end up wrapping your supra around a tree trying to drift like every other 16 year old with a rwd car. hope this happens sooner rather than later so you can stop posting.