SupraT's Budget Build

SupraT

May 3, 2009
Montana
So I bought a 1987 Toyota Supra n/a about three years ago. Here in Montana there is not alot of Supras so when I saw one 4sale I had to jump on it. It has been a long rode to get this car running. The price in the window said 2500 but after talking to the owner, I find out that I went to school with him so he said he would sell it to me for 1500 what he had into it. A few nights later I took it for a test drive, while test driving it I ended up blowing up the motor...So after some discussion I got the car for 500 dollars. Then the work began since i had no idea how to work on a Supra. Eventually i found a 7mgte JDM motor to drop in and started the swap. Boy I didn't have a clue of what I was getting my self into. My first big problem was the fly wheeel that came off the old motor was toast so I got an aftermarket flywheel, then My new stock clutch would not bolt to it, so I get a clutch kit from the same people I got the flywheel from and everything seemed to be going great until I went to bolt up the w58 and found that the bellhousing would not fit arounfd the new clutch and flywheel. So then I found a used r154 and went to stab it in when I had some wiring harness issues. Then I found a 89 wire harness and a 89 ecu. Then I was ready to start installing everything. Originally when I started I bought a Blitz cat back exhaust not knowing that I would need a downpipe too so I purchased that shortly after. After the first couple road blocks were over come things started go pretty smooth as I got money to finish what I could. Ounce I got it running I blew the head gasket and I've had a few turbo problems, now I am running a CT-26 with 57 trim from Driftmotion, And I recently came up with some extra money so I redid my intercooler and piping with a kit from Godspeed and upgraded my rediator to a Godspeed one as well. I also have a Lexus AFM and 550 injectors to install ounce I figure out why it is running shitty again. I have only focused on making this thing run good and fast so I have done nothing to the body, rims, or interior. Kinda of going for the sleeper look:icon_bigg I will get some better pics up as soon when I get off workcar2.jpgcar.jpg

SupraT

May 3, 2009
Montana
DSC01933.JPGDSC01935.JPGDSC01934.JPG

Here is a few more pics. As you can see I need paint bad. Got to find a different passenger side fender since I got hit last summer in the parking lot at work.

Tpilover

Jun 18, 2011
Tulsa ok
I'm in the process of installing a jdm 7mgte. How many miles didn't it take for the head gasket to go? I have the apr head studs I'm thinking about installing. I'm trying to get mine drivable first before I go heavy with any mods.

Tpilover

Jun 18, 2011
Tulsa ok
That's not too bad. I think I'll just do the studs until the summer comes around. I'm ready to drive it. Well good luck and keep posting updates.