Supra owners of MI

aheroicrevolt

Le Kittens Meow
Sep 30, 2012
Grand Rapids MI
Hello! I saw there was not a thread on here for Michigan, and I know I've ran into a few people saying "hey nice supra! I have one at home!" But alas, no one is talking here.
So I wanted to start something. I know that I need A TON of help with my supra, the guy before me did a whole bunch of stuff wrong. It would help a ton to look at a stock 7mGTE engine bay...

-Bill

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Hey man, get ahold of me and maybe I can help ya out. I grew up there in Detroit, and have family in the downriver area. I visit there quite often so.... 313-586-4364 is my house number ( Vonage ) my cell for texts are 931-249-5018

aheroicrevolt

Le Kittens Meow
Sep 30, 2012
Grand Rapids MI
haha theres more to MI than the failing city of Detroit ;-) I'm on the west side near Grand Rapids :)
My name is Will, bought my supra maybe 3 weeks ago. Upgraded from a Ford focus hahahaha so this car is GREAT. lots of little problems to fix but Im mechanically inclined so its fine. I work at a junkyard selling parts and hassleing customers so thats fun. We actually crushed a supra about 3 days before i bought mine...i was pissed. I can tell you that fricken story later i guess.
What do you for a living?

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
We are around. Most of us just don't check the location specific sub forums.

I'm closer to the failing city though. Although I have to say it's been picking up a bit.

Look for MI2K13 info in the coming months. I missed it last year but will be there this year. A couple of major MKIII guys in MI went other routes (one went MKIV and then sold it another went EVO) but there's still a few of us around.

I'm in it for the classic Toyota appeal with the potential for some power myself.

AE86BLISS

Oldschool FTW!
Mar 19, 2011
MI
I'm a little more North of all you. I live in the Manistee area.

I run a 89 MK3 with a 2jz-gte vvti swap.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
I will be in the downriver area March 23-27. Visiting family for a few days, then heading back down to TN. I unfortunately won't be in my Supra though. I finally got my hands a 1990 2JZ swapped Supra that needed more work then I bargained for. After about 2k worth of custom parts and about 40+ hours of work though, she is up and running on Premium 93 an holding 15psi. Now if I can just get the tires to grip I would be in heaven! lol

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
I don't currently know of anything going on at that point. It's a bit early in the season for MI but there may be a meet somewhere. If it's done snowing and the salt has been washed away by then I'll have the 87 with me downtown.

aheroicrevolt

Le Kittens Meow
Sep 30, 2012
Grand Rapids MI
Yeah, Ill have to watch for this MI2K13, its a big meet huh? Is it for all toyota owners or just supras? Where does it usually take place?
I got a buddy with an Mr2, and another with an aE86 that might want to join if its just toyota enthusiasts.
Currently the car is sanded down and in some spots all the way to metal, as i save my funds for a new paint job. Going with Le Mans orange, specific color to the nissan 350z.

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
It's typically around the Woodward area. MI2K is similar to TX2K where it's mainly about the higher HP cars. XceedSpeed has a general car meet in the spring that would be more of a get together/BBQ.

I'd love to see a MI Toy meet. I know there's one in the fall closer to Toronto but that's a trek especially if you're coming from GR. When I was in FL we had a Toyota/Lexus ongoing meet and there were a couple bigger Toyota themed meets during the year.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Well since I will be up in the area towards the end of march, I would love to meet up and check out some of the cars there. I miss being back home in the downriver area.

Tuner.87

Aug 27, 2011
East Lansing, Mi
I'm from Mancelona Mi. It's up by Gaylord and traverse city. Im currently in va in the military but will be back home in the beginning to end of may until sep when I start school. So actually I used to wrestle manstie high school when I went to school. I bought my supra in mi last year though then brought it down to va