supra got hit today :(

Kota

Jun 26, 2009
michigan
on my way home from my girlfriends today and some idiot in a f150 made a left turn right in front of me, no time to stop. took a couple hours of bending to get it pulled away from the tire enough to drive. still rubbed all the way home :cry: the frame is pushed back about a foot in the battery area

Attachments

• DSCF1100.jpg
    DSCF1100.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCF1086.jpg
    DSCF1086.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 60

Kota

Jun 26, 2009
michigan
yea, not sure if it would be better to fix it or pick up a new shell and swap motors. friend of mine has a frame straightener so we are going to get it at least drivable

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Good thing you are alright. Give it a try, but i'd look for a better shell and swap everything over, and also if you are NA then this might be a good time to go turbo :)....its an excuse

Kota

Jun 26, 2009
michigan
yea, i thought about going turbo... if i come across a gte shell with a blown motor or tranny ill try to get my hands on it.

hit my head hard enough on the visor to split all the vinyl(mine is sun dried) and break the mirror

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Dam that sucks. So if it was his fault what is his insurance going to do?

I would buy back the car and part out what you could and then in vest in a turbo as sooner or later your going to want a turbo.
N/a only does so much.....

Kota

Jun 26, 2009
michigan
i have plpd on my car, and theres a "no fault law" here in michigan so the only way to get it repaired by them is to take it to small claims court. i have the car, it was drivableish so i drove it home

Athena

Rawr
Jun 22, 2009
Raleigh, NC
That sucks bad!
This has got to be at least the third or fourth thread I've seen in a week where someone hit a pole, someone hit and ran in parking lot, not seeing the persons car in front of you and adding it to the top of yours. It makes me fearful to even start my car.

did you hit his back end or something? I'm trying to make a picture in my head, but by by what I see, it looks more like you made a left turn into him....
Actually, it occurred to me you were probably going down the road and he was making a left going the other way and hit your side? I've been in a similar accident that's why I ask, but I was the one turning left. The light had changed and I didn't want to be in the middle of the intersection anymore. but this tard going the other way flat out ran the red light and I hit his back left end.

I wish you the best of luck though.

Christopher

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
thats wack. it looks kinda bad. once there is frame damage the car will never bee the same unless you do a miraculous job on it.. i would find another shell or possibly another car and part out yours.

Kota

Jun 26, 2009
michigan
kamikazemkiii;1517907 said:
Good thing your okay man, hope everything works out for you
Dosent look too bad just the nose, bumper, quarter panel, and hood

the frame is pushed in pretty good too

Attachments

• DSCF1093.jpg
    DSCF1093.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF1094.jpg
    DSCF1094.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF1091.jpg
    DSCF1091.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF1096.jpg
    DSCF1096.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF1092.jpg
    DSCF1092.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 26

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
the unibody is messed up but from those pic it really doesnt look like the frame is touched tho it is prolly looking like this l \. best bet would be to cut your loses and look for another car or if you have the means and want to try and fix that one.

Kota

Jun 26, 2009
michigan
Athena;1517913 said:
That sucks bad!
This has got to be at least the third or fourth thread I've seen in a week where someone hit a pole, someone hit and ran in parking lot, not seeing the persons car in front of you and adding it to the top of yours. It makes me fearful to even start my car.

did you hit his back end or something? I'm trying to make a picture in my head, but by by what I see, it looks more like you made a left turn into him....
Actually, it occurred to me you were probably going down the road and he was making a left going the other way and hit your side? I've been in a similar accident that's why I ask, but I was the one turning left. The light had changed and I didn't want to be in the middle of the intersection anymore. but this tard going the other way flat out ran the red light and I hit his back left end.

I wish you the best of luck though.

Christopher
she was westbound and i was eastbound, i was in the lane closest to the curb and she pulled out after the truckin the lane next ot me, about a car length in front of me. driving straight into my front left corner

Athena

Rawr
Jun 22, 2009
Raleigh, NC
So she messed up her front right the most then is how I'm imagining it.
are you going to try and get anything from her? Each states laws are different, but I found out in KY, no matter what, the person turning left has no right away what so ever.
And that you will be at fault every time. no matter if they ran the light or not.

Christopher

Kota

Jun 26, 2009
michigan
i meant unibody, sorry... i dont have the money to get a new car so my only choice right now is to see what i can do with this on a min budget to get it drivable

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Athena;1517933 said:
So she messed up her front right the most then is how I'm imagining it.
are you going to try and get anything from her? Each states laws are different, but I found out in KY, no matter what, the person turning left has no right away what so ever.
And that you will be at fault every time. no matter if they ran the light or not.

Christopher

im not too sure what exactly the law is and what i can do about it, im looking into it. right now im trying to contact the girls parents to see if we can handle this outside court because what the cop told me was basically her insurance wont cover my car under no fault laws but i could take her to small claims

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
That blows. Takes a pretty hard hit to smash the front end up like that:( Good luck, unless the body and interior is otherwise immaculate i would think another shell is the best idea. For now you might as well get it driveable, like you say and just use it until you can afford something. So what exactly is the point of insurance if theres a no fault policy and you cant get any money from the accident?

dsm_tuner260

Nov 1, 2009
Fort Wayne, Indiana
damn that sucks to hear that makes me scarred to drive my car but i got no choice right now my other car blew intake gasket. theres still snow on the ground here and there and they are calling for more snow and i have bald ass tires on the car. i have the same thing happen to me last year but i got lucky a hammer fixed most of it i still have the trashed finder on the car. good luck

Eamon

Feb 3, 2010
USA
Sorry about the accident. 2 weeks ago I slid on some ice and hit a pole in my 87 turbo that I had for less than a week :(. Hope the insurance situation works out for you!