Supra falls on its face under boost...help

Ok guys i installed the lower hardpipe (turbo to intercooler). And also checked all the other intercooler hoses. I even changed the hose that is under the plastic peice in the front left of the car. Something is wierd though, i unplugged the maf and the car still ran and even drove but did the same thing.(fell on its face under boost) Is it possible that the mass air flow sensor is bad?? Or maybe the ecu? It also idled up to like 3000 rpms for like a half an hour then went back to normal. Im running out of options.. Hell guys im lost i need help!!!!!!!!!!:aigo: :1zhelp:

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
+1 for boost leak. And the car will pretty much idle with the MAF unplugged. Just dont go driving around like that, lol. I would say ohm-meter the afm, check that, the coils, see if the CPS is set right, pressure test your intake, change your spark plugs, and make sure your wiring harness isnt cut or broken somewhere along the wires for the afm, cps, tps, coils, igniter, etc. My car had a problem like this with the CPS being off + a boost leak. It would run beautiful about 2000-4000, then it would just fall on its face, back fire, miss, etc. And it sucked at idle. I couldnt even get the car to move off the line because it would spit and pop and backfire so bad. But once i got it running right the HG blew, so go figure.

CBLEGUY

Organic90T "Growin Roots"
Nov 24, 2006
Cape Coral, Florida
+2 boost leak. Had the same exact problem, ran great until boost then nuttin.. found hose between 3k pipe, and throttle body leaking, car was running way rich on my gauge, not enough air too much fuel..

Supraboy89

Oct 25, 2006
Hampton GA
Pull the ecu fuse to reset the ecu . Put the fuse back in drive the car for a little while get on it a few times. check your codes when you get back from driving it. usaully when you have a boost leak it will turn the check engine light on when you get on it because it will pull to much air through the afm. depending on how big of a leak it is. Other than that sounds like an AFM prob.