Supra Electrical Problems

Rev Clown

Dec 9, 2012
Rhode Island
The radio was staying on in my supra when the key was turned completely off so I removed the radio and found that the radio was removed before and an aftermarket deck was in before. Since I took the radio out now everything stays on with the key completely off and it acts as if the cars on. Not all the dash lights turn on only the same ones that are on when the cars running and the heat turns on its like the car is running but the key is all the way off also when this happens everything is a little dimmer then when I actually turn the key on. I have to remove the negative cable when I'm not using the car to turn everything off. Any advice?

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Are the brown and blue wires touching on the radio wires? (edit or the yellow/blue and grey if you didn't have a stock cd player)

Try pulling the 7.5amp radio fuze in the driver side kick plate see if that fixes it

limitedgt4

Mar 31, 2012
Pawtucket, ri
Could a bad ground cause this as well?

I have same problem described by OP only ill add that it almost seems like there is a short cus the light blink ever so lightly and are slightly dimmer and from hearing the cd play it almost sounds like its slower than normal

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
limitedgt4;1924706 said:
Could a bad ground cause this as well?

I have same problem described by OP only ill add that it almost seems like there is a short cus the light blink ever so lightly and are slightly dimmer and from hearing the cd play it almost sounds like its slower than normal

Bad grounds typically cause things to shut off not remain on but let me look at the wiring diagram again to see if that could be a possibility

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
I put a test light on mine with ignition off and I only have power to that fuze (15amp tail) when my lights are on
But when I turn my head lights on my radio and heater don't come on let me keep looking

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
jdmfreak;1924703 said:
Are the brown and blue wires touching on the radio wires? (edit or the yellow/blue and grey if you didn't have a stock cd player)

Try pulling the 7.5amp radio fuze in the driver side kick plate see if that fixes it

are you able to try this real quick and let me know if it turns off everything???

because it would appear that if your 15amp "cig" fuze or your 7.5amp radio fuze is getting power with the ignition off (key out) from another source (such as the 12v memory wire going to your radio)

all those other systems(dash lights heater ect...)will get power and stay on

Last edited:

Rev Clown

Dec 9, 2012
Rhode Island
jdmfreak;1924703 said:

I'm going to try this tomorrow because I noticed that the radio wires look like they were just thrown back together quick because the previous owner wanted to keep a deck he might of had in it.

Last edited:

Rev Clown

Dec 9, 2012
Rhode Island
Ok so I went out today hooked the battery up and went to go pull the radio fuse and found it was already out and the car was still doing it. Also I doesn't do it all the time sometimes it will stay on sometimes it will blink on and off and sometimes it won't do it all so I'm still lost.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Try pulling the 15amp cig fuze
Do you have a way to check and see whether or not you are getting voltage to both sides of either the 15 amp cig fuze or the radio fuze? (with fuze removed)

Rev Clown

Dec 9, 2012
Rhode Island
jdmfreak;1924939 said:
Try pulling the 15amp cig fuze
Do you have a way to check and see whether or not you are getting voltage to both sides of either the 15 amp cig fuze or the radio fuze? (with fuze removed)

Ill try pulling the cig fuse but I don't have a way to check both sides what could I use for that?