Supra Driver from Germany!

gitplayer

Apr 29, 2009
Adelsheim
Hi!

I'm Alex from Germany, 27 years old. I drive a red 92 Supra. It's pretty much stock and I want to keep it that way. A 3" exhaust system and some boost increase are the only things I want to do.

For durability I installed a racing oil cooler and a little electronic gadget, which controls the small electric fans and an electric water pump, which is installed where the heater valve was. What it does is it determines how long the fans and the pump have to run after the engine is shut off. So the water is kept circulating some time to prevent the engine from overheating.

The other mods are basically for the looks, like clear type headlights and turn signals.

Apart from that it has a Bosch BOV and I fixed the throttle linkage with ball bearings to make it a little more sturdy. :biglaugh:

Ok, that's it, nothing more to say. I hope you like the car.

See ya. Alex.

ati inc

Jul 30, 2009
California
gitplayer;1393388 said:
Hi!

I'm Alex from Germany, 27 years old. I drive a red 92 Supra. It's pretty much stock and I want to keep it that way. A 3" exhaust system and some boost increase are the only things I want to do.

For durability I installed a racing oil cooler and a little electronic gadget, which controls the small electric fans and an electric water pump, which is installed where the heater valve was. What it does is it determines how long the fans and the pump have to run after the engine is shut off. So the water is kept circulating some time to prevent the engine from overheating.

The other mods are basically for the looks, like clear type headlights and turn signals.

Apart from that it has a Bosch BOV and I fixed the throttle linkage with ball bearings to make it a little more sturdy. :biglaugh:

Ok, that's it, nothing more to say. I hope you like the car.

See ya. Alex.

Hi Alex welcome to SM from Auto Tech interiors. I am sure youll have an awesome experience while aboard.

gitplayer

Apr 29, 2009
Adelsheim
Pernilongo;1393649 said:
What happened to the tail light? why are they from pre 89?

All european Supras have those taillights. The others weren't available here. So they are original. :icon_bigg

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
Hi

Welcome to Supramania

Great community -they've been helping me a lot since I own mine

Nice clean car -Great to see beautiful Supras from Europe also

Congratulations :biglaugh:

gitplayer

Apr 29, 2009
Adelsheim
90turbo;1394019 said:
Nice car. Bet it's fun to get that out on the Autobahn! :icon_bigg

It is, but the stock brakes are crap. If you have to brake from 200+ to 0 a couple of times the discs are rippled (hope it's the right word) and you have to get new ones. :cry:

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
gitplayer;1394161 said:
It is, but the stock brakes are crap. If you have to brake from 200+ to 0 a couple of times the discs are rippled (hope it's the right word) and you have to get new ones. :cry:

"warped" is the common term..

Yes if you come to a complete stop while still on the brakes they will warp...BUT if you let off the brakes and let the car continue to move at a slow speed then your disks will be fine! Never ever come to a stop with hot brakes as they will always warp on you!

gitplayer

Apr 29, 2009
Adelsheim
gaboonviper85;1394310 said:
"warped" is the common term..

Yes if you come to a complete stop while still on the brakes they will warp...BUT if you let off the brakes and let the car continue to move at a slow speed then your disks will be fine! Never ever come to a stop with hot brakes as they will always warp on you!

Ok thanks. The problem is, that it's not always possible to do so. Sometimes you drive at high speeds and suddenly there's a traffic jam, then you have to brake as hard as you can. :biglaugh:

I will buy slotted discs soon and EBC red stuff brake pads.
We always have to keep in mind over here that all parts we use have to be approved by the TÜV. TÜV is the abbreviation for "Technischer Überwachungsverein" which means something like technical supervision association. The manufacturer of a certain part has to have his product tested by the TÜV in order to sell it as street legal here. That costs a lot of money so they will only do it if they can sell a certain amount of products. As far as I know there are only 1500 MK3 Supras listed in Germany. You can imagine that this is not enough for most manufacturers. The result is that there are only few discs on the market here that can be used.

If I had the money I would buy a K-Sport braking system. It is street legal and the best thing you can get. But 4400 € is a lot of money. :eek3:

gitplayer

Apr 29, 2009
Adelsheim
MK3.0dudeman;1394516 said:
Welcome.How often do you see a supra in Germany??

Thanks!
Where I live, there are 3-4 Mk3 Supras. The owners are members of the forum I mentioned above. That's why I know them. In total there are less than 1500 Mk3 Supras listed in the registries of the German registration office.

These are the numbers of this year:

Supra A6 (MKII), 125kW: 59
Supra A7 (MKIII), 150kW: 76
Supra A7 (MKIII), 173kW: 560
Supra A7 (MKIII), 175kW: 744
Supra A8 (MKIV), 243kW: 213

I peronally saw one Mk3, whose owner I didin't know, standing on a parking lot once.

Most people ask what kind of car that is because they don't know it. It's kinda exclusive driving a supra here. :biglaugh:

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
gitplayer;1394573 said:
Thanks!
Where I live, there are 3-4 Mk3 Supras. The owners are members of the forum I mentioned above. That's why I know them. In total there are less than 1500 Mk3 Supras listed in the registries of the German registration office.

These are the numbers of this year:

Supra A6 (MKII), 125kW: 59
Supra A7 (MKIII), 150kW: 76
Supra A7 (MKIII), 173kW: 560
Supra A7 (MKIII), 175kW: 744
Supra A8 (MKIV), 243kW: 213

I peronally saw one Mk3, whose owner I didin't know, standing on a parking lot once.

Most people ask what kind of car that is because they don't know it. It's kinda exclusive driving a supra here. :biglaugh:

Hey... Welcome on Supramania!
I am from Europe,Greece and I bought my supra mk3 from Germany!

When you say supra A7 (MKIII) 173kw :560 ... you mean the 86-88 models,
correct?

Anyway..in Greece we have : 8 mkII , 21 mkIII, and 12mkIV xaxaxa! Supras are like aliens overhere.

gitplayer

Apr 29, 2009
Adelsheim
SupraClaou;1394692 said:
Hey... Welcome on Supramania!
I am from Europe,Greece and I bought my supra mk3 from Germany!

When you say supra A7 (MKIII) 173kw :560 ... you mean the 86-88 models,
correct?

Anyway..in Greece we have : 8 mkII , 21 mkIII, and 12mkIV xaxaxa! Supras are like aliens overhere.

Yes, Pre-Facelift Turbo. Facelift Supras are listed with slightly more horse power than pre-facelift.