Supra down for winter already...bhg on a mgh:(

Yawgmoth

Gonzo apprentice
Mar 31, 2005
Davenport, Iowa, United States
Yup, but don't let it frighten you people, the hks metal head gasket isn't at fault, I know exactly what I did wrong, but thats a long story that I will save for another time. So now, a few months ahead of schedule I'm pulling out my DD and throwing the supra in the garage. only now I have a huge delima, in that my overall investment in the car is becoming more than I can tolerate, UNLESS I spend more money or quit the game altogether. Since I have a job and get money on a weekly basis, I think the former is in order as opposed to the ladder. And while surfing on ebay and autotrader(as well as SM) I have caught my eye on every black supra out there, and dammit, this winter one way or another I will hav a black supra, WITH a rebuilt engine. I could go insane too, you never know.

So I have a supra now. It's red, slightly rusty, denty and just so "blah". I have an engine as well, jdm in good shape aside from the BHG, and oh so many mods....What a predicament. I figure I"m looking at spending the same amount on fixing up what I have, as doing something like buying a black shell and an already built engine....

The point is (aka cliff notes) I'm smashing my head into a wall becuase I have a supra and engine now but I want black and rebuilt, but I don't know what to do and my head is beginning to thud even when it doesn't hit anything....These are dangerous times for a supra owner, but at least i feel better after this rant, which may or may not entertain you.

any advice or sympathy will be taken and loved

supra_dre

Apr 1, 2005
well maybe you can tell me how you messed up on your MHG since i just did mine and its in the process of being put together, not that i want you to scare me but i just have this horrible feeling that if something goes wrong after the MHG, my parents are gonna go "told you so"
Black, white and some shade of gray (like Supra Nick's) are my favorite colors for mk3 Supra.

ToyoHabu

Jun 25, 2005
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
If there are any finacial type people here they can probalbly coroberate this since all I have to go on is the economics for engineers class. Most people make the mistake of including what they have already spent on a project when considering and making a current decision. They are called sunk cost and are esentially meaningless to making decision in the hear and now. The way to look at is to say How much will it cost me to get what I want if I can get there going through A, B, or C. If keeping your current car will get you there and cost less then its a no brainer. Im trying to reduce a semester college course into a paragraph so a lot hasn't been said. Hope you get a Supra running.