Supra Detailing??

Untouchable7mgte

back in the game!
Apr 1, 2005
Wilkes-Barre,PA
hey guys,

I was washing the supra today and it hurts me to see this faded paint on my car. I have some maguires product like scratch-X, glass wax and some other stuff. But my arm kills me when doing all this. i have this 20 dollars buffer from wal-mart but it sucks. What else can i get to help me out where. and i want the paint to stay nice and shinny for awhile. any input would be awesome..

thanks,
tomz.:icon_bigg

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
yea i have the maguires wax too....
its a ot of work but it gets the job done.....
so far that the best i've used...
get a really good buffer.... and buff the shit out of your car that is my best advise....
or go to autozone or soemthing and ask for some feedback

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
yea i have the maguires wax too....
its a ot of work but it gets the job done.....
so far that the best i've used...
get a really good buffer.... and buff the shit out of your car that is my best advise....
or go to autozone or soemthing and ask for some feedback

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
i have no experience with it..but the PC 7424 is supposed to be great cuz the guy on that site seems to know what he's talking about. Hes chimed in in almost about ever single post in the cleaning/detailing section

HIDPLANET

89 1JZGTE
It depends on what the issue is. If the clear cost is just scratched up to the point where it looks dull, then you can polish it out and get your shine back. If the clearcoat has worn out and youre getting dullness because the clear is gone and youre down to the paint, then you still can polish it out, but you have to keep it really waxed to maintain and protect the paint.
Ultimatly, if your clear is gone, then you will be fighting dull paint until you get it repainted.

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
me and my bro owned a detail shop one time and he did the buffing using a side grinder with a buffer wheel on it. worked great but be careful if you leave it in one spot to long it can burn the paint. but other that that it works great.

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
I've got the PC 7424.... bought it from this place:
http://www.properautocare.com/porcabpolac.html

They have all the buffing pads, etc... I use 3 different types of pads to restore a car, the yellow ones they sell for the deep cleaning and to penetrate to the scratches that I use the cleaner on.... then the white one with meguire's polish... then the red pads with meguire's clear wax.

I've done that now to 3 cars (amatuer, never waxed before) and it came out fantastic. my girlfriends white sebring i was able to get so much deep down crap out of.... my blue honda i got out so many deep scratches from my dogs nails especially around the doorsill from when she stands up on the door sticking her head out the window. I never thought those scratches would come out. And the supra unfortunately looked the worst of the 3 LOL but i think its because its such old/neglected paint with little to no clear coat left. I mean it still looked good and clean, but the scratches would not come out they were too deep, etc.

Come winter time I'll be putting the supra in the shop to get restored/painted.

But if your supra's paint is in decent shape, this will work wonders on it.