Supra 10PSI and Stock Front Lip Question

SupraTrbo89

Sep 21, 2006
West Chester, PA
I own a 89 supra turbo 5 speed and mods include full 3 inch exhaust, intake and BOV. The head has also been shaved with a new stock head gasket and ARP head studs torqued to 90ft lbs. No fuel system or intercooler or turbo upgrades.

I only plan on running 10psi with my supra and do not plan on going any higher. Can I safely turn the boost up to 10psi with the stock fuel system? If I never plan on going higher than 10psi then is it necessary to mess with 550s/lex AFM/Walboro/afpr? I am aware that fuel cut starts to hit around 12psi and the stock ct26 starts to lose efficiency around 13-14psi.

Also, does anyone know where I can source a good stock front lip? I contacted Aaron and Driftmotion and go no response. I assume the dealer does not sell these anymore.

Thanks for your help.

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
SupraTrbo89;2023056 said:
I own a 89 supra turbo 5 speed and mods include full 3 inch exhaust, intake and BOV. The head has also been shaved with a new stock head gasket and ARP head studs torqued to 90ft lbs. No fuel system or intercooler or turbo upgrades.

I only plan on running 10psi with my supra and do not plan on going any higher. Can I safely turn the boost up to 10psi with the stock fuel system? If I never plan on going higher than 10psi then is it necessary to mess with 550s/lex AFM/Walboro/afpr? I am aware that fuel cut starts to hit around 12psi and the stock ct26 starts to lose efficiency around 13-14psi.
shine auto is where I get my stuff as long as you are not hitting fuel cut you are OK turbo probably won't last long

Also, does anyone know where I can source a good stock front lip? I contacted Aaron and Driftmotion and go no response. I assume the dealer does not sell these anymore.

Thanks for your help.
your fine on 10psi if you hit fuel cut turn the boost down a little fuel cut does very from car to car I will say the stock CT probably won't last a real long time.
I got my spec-g bumper and spec-b side skirts and rear addons from shine auto good quality fitment was good